Jump to content

Report: Fangio “treats everyone like crap”


AnAngryAmerican
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Players should stop being so mentally soft if this is true.

Sorry, but it's that simple.

Exactly.  My favorite part of this is the complaint about there being almost no discussion beyond football.....well everyone is getting paid millions of dollars to win football games.  There is an expectation in this country that your boss is supposed to be your friend now a days.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something to consider: this may not have been the staff Vic wanted and it's natural for some frustration to come out when things don't go well that aren't in your control (and should be). The Munchak/Dennison trade-off is the reason we have Scangarello and not Kubiak and do we really think Kubiak wasn't a leading suggestion in the interview to be his OC? What was Vic's vision for this team offensively, or was that never part of the equation? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Something to consider: this may not have been the staff Vic wanted and it's natural for some frustration to come out when things don't go well that aren't in your control (and should be). The Munchak/Dennison trade-off is the reason we have Scangarello and not Kubiak and do we really think Kubiak wasn't a leading suggestion in the interview to be his OC? What was Vic's vision for this team offensively, or was that never part of the equation? 

Fangio would likely have not been the hire had it been foreseen at the time that Kubes would decline the OC job. That was a failure of catastrophic levels and was discussed ad nauseum here at the time. And one that came as a result of what the Trust wanted. 

Truth is Fangio is incompetent as a HC. He might be an accomplished DC, he might be getting the most of his players on that side of the ball. That’s all well and good, but his people skills, or complete, utterly embarrassing lack thereof, does not work. Is that all his fault? No. He is who he is. He’s best suited as a DC,  much like someone EVERY Bronco fan knows and loves - Wade Phillips. 
 

Vic is the kind of guy I’d like to have a beer with, or be my wife’s favorite uncle, but he’s not a NFL HC. The man didn’t even prepare for the interview. The idea of an elite DC with the HC title and Kubes, with the locker room-wide credibility that his 3 rings bring, as AHC/OC brings, made The Trust happy. When that failed we hired Vic, after signing Flacco, and found Scangarello (who is improving). 

This is a failure at every level imaginable.

Meanwhile, Kyle’s 49’ers are 9-1. Thanks again, Joe Ellis. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Something to consider: this may not have been the staff Vic wanted and it's natural for some frustration to come out when things don't go well that aren't in your control (and should be). The Munchak/Dennison trade-off is the reason we have Scangarello and not Kubiak and do we really think Kubiak wasn't a leading suggestion in the interview to be his OC? What was Vic's vision for this team offensively, or was that never part of the equation? 

Do you think the offense is better with Kubiak? His scheme has been a godsend for Dalvin but especially Kirk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, germ-x said:

Exactly.  My favorite part of this is the complaint about there being almost no discussion beyond football.....well everyone is getting paid millions of dollars to win football games.  There is an expectation in this country that your boss is supposed to be your friend now a days.  

The problem is rife in British Soccer. The kids earn ridiculous wages before they have accomplished anything, and the players hold all of the power now. 

The days of players holding each other accountable and being able to take a kick up the arse when things aren't being done as they should be are long gone. They just get their ego's massaged from day dot and then when the proverbial 'poo' hits the fan, they don't have the mental fortitude to deal with it.

Really sad times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KOTN-93 said:

Do you think the offense is better with Kubiak? His scheme has been a godsend for Dalvin but especially Kirk.

The problem wasn't so much Kubiak as his assistants (Dennison, Pariani) who had run their course here and in fairness, no fans wanted to see them back. No doubt Kubiak is the better OC right now than Scangarello. They chose Scangarello + Munchak over Kubiak and his guys. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

The problem wasn't so much Kubiak as his assistants (Dennison, Pariani) who had run their course here and in fairness, no fans wanted to see them back. No doubt Kubiak is the better OC right now than Scangarello. They chose Scangarello + Munchak over Kubiak and his guys. 

Makes sense though it surprises me. Dennison has been fantastic for us, Pariani its hard to tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

No doubt Kubiak is the better OC right now than Scangarello. They chose Scangarello + Munchak over Kubiak and his guys. 

I am not so sure. Last week we have seen what Kubiak offense was in the 1st half.

They approched 2nd half differently with more deep pass and exposed Denver weakness.....CB.

Cousins is better than Allen and have playmakers in Diggs and Dalvin Cook (and Thielen) . They make the difference by throwing deep ball (15 yds and more).

Scangarello try what we call tricky play but we have seen with a mobile QB that this offense is a lot better than Flacco played.


it's more important to create games than to adapt tactics. You surprise the teams who did not prepare the actions.

When the OL will be fixed , Denver offense will score a lot of points if Scangarello continue in his way

 

Edited by French Fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

The problem is rife in British Soccer. The kids earn ridiculous wages before they have accomplished anything, and the players hold all of the power now. 

The days of players holding each other accountable and being able to take a kick up the arse when things aren't being done as they should be are long gone. They just get their ego's massaged from day dot and then when the proverbial 'poo' hits the fan, they don't have the mental fortitude to deal with it.

Really sad times.

Yup. I mean, don't get me wrong, I expect every once in awhile these guys aren't complete robots and talk about things that aren't work (as we all do at work), but it's clear to me that under Vance in particular this was just a laid back environment without a lot of accountability. That kind of immediate culture shock is something these guys were probably ill-equipped to deal with.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Yup. I mean, don't get me wrong, I expect every once in awhile these guys aren't complete robots and talk about things that aren't work (as we all do at work), but it's clear to me that under Vance in particular this was just a laid back environment without a lot of accountability. That kind of immediate culture shock is something these guys were probably ill-equipped to deal with.

This is ridiculous to me. Truly great head coaches figure out a way to get their players to respond regardless of the style that THEY want to impose. Fangio may want to be the old school, ******* type, but guess what- if they players don't respond to it than you're going to fail as a head coach because he can't adapt his style. At his age, I'm willing to bet that the old dog won't learn new tricks. Same with Vance. Maybe he was too laid back, but his failure to adapt meant he failed as a head coach in the NFL.

And before people bring up his age- Pete Carroll is 71, and look at his coaching style and the response from his players, so Fangio's age has nothing to do with the issue.

I think we all can agree that he really is just really not suited to be a head coach in today's NFL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MakeDenverGreatAgain said:

And before people bring up his age- Pete Carroll is 71, and look at his coaching style and the response from his players, so Fangio's age has nothing to do with the issue.

Mac was half Fangio's age but equally-lacking in people skills.

The results of both speak for themselves. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...