Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

On 4/11/2023 at 12:44 PM, SmittyBacall said:

Adding a few more bets to the draft slate:

1.) Christian Gonzalez first corner taken +120 - I will happily take this at plus money. Was once the heavy favorite at -175, but Witherspoon's 40 time a few days ago shifted the odds. Athletic profile is the difference-maker here. Gonzalez fits the prototypical mold of an elite corner and Witherspoon's profile is underwhelming and incomplete. That's enough for me.

2.) Will Levis draft position over 7.5 +120 - Not buying the hype. Media perception on QBs is typically higher than the NFL. Will gladly take plus money here.

I cant bet draft props in VA but if I could these would be great bets imo. I agree with this sentiment on both guys 100%. Gonzalez checks too many boxes imo

On 4/4/2023 at 7:31 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

There’s two win totals I love.

LV under 7.5 wins

LAR under 7.5 wins

Pending schedule makeup , I can almost guarantee im Taking at least one of them 

Agreed with the Raiders. Jimmy won't stay healthy all year and there's no backup option plus the team looks to want to compete using draft picks. In that division, this is a recipe for disaster 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 8:03 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I cant bet draft props in VA but if I could these would be great bets imo. I agree with this sentiment on both guys 100%. Gonzalez checks too many boxes imo

I know there's a ton of Devon Witherspoon hype to Detroit, but how can you pass on this profile? Production, athleticism, age (20!), tape. The majority of teams should have Gonzalez CB1.

Rank T-2

Christian Gonzalez

Oregon · CB · 20 years old

Production Score: 85

Athleticism Score: 88

OVERALL DRAFT SCORE: 92

PRO BOWL PROBABILITY: 36%

In one of the most talent-rich cornerback classes in recent memory, Gonzalez stands out with the highest overall draft score (92) among his peers. With six cornerbacks ranked in Daniel Jeremiah's latest top 50 and 10 boasting NGS draft scores of at least 80 -- the most in any class since 2003 -- this Oregon cover man emerges as the most balanced prospect, according to the NGS draft model. As the only cornerback to achieve at least an 85 in both production and athleticism scores, Gonzalez's exceptional combination of size, speed, length and overall athletic pedigree makes him a compelling analytics-supported prospect in this year's draft.

Gonzalez hails from a family with an impressive athletic legacy. His father, Hector, played basketball at UTEP before competing in the sport semiprofessionally in Colombia, while two of his older sisters earned All-America honors as track stars. At the 2023 NFL Combine, the youngest Gonzalez showcased his remarkable athleticism by recording an elite 4.38-second 40 and achieving a 41.5-inch vertical jump. These impressive feats, along with an 11-foot-1 broad jump, place him in the top fifth percentile of all cornerbacks invited to the combine since 2003.

Gonzalez's optimal blend of size, speed and length equips him to effectively disrupt opposing receivers in press coverage at the next level. The former Colorado transfer-turned-Oregon star aligned in press coverage on 42 percent of his coverage snaps last season, according to PFF, nearly doubling the average rate for college cornerbacks (23%). With his unique skill set, proven performance and innate potential as a 20-year-old, Gonzalez has the potential to make a significant impact in the NFL.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-draft-rb-bijan-robinson-qb-bryce-young-headline-next-gen-stats-six-can-?campaign=Twitter_atn

4 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just grabbed Tyree Wilson 1st defensive player selected +275.

Its been getting steamed for a couple weeks now

Wouldn’t be shocked. The media and internet fans have overrated Will Anderson since December. I’ve said many times… great prospect, but he’s not a Bosa/Garrett generational edge. The only generational player in this entire class is Carter (borderline) and his off the field stuff is scary. 

Ok let's talk some NFL Draft Over/Unders. I went 9-3 last year during the draft but this year I can't get a good feel for so I will probably only have a few. Let me know your thoughts.

DraftKings

Will Anderson 3.5

A-Rich 4.5

Will Levis 6.5

Jalen Carter 6.5

Devin Witherspoon 7.5

Christian Gonzales 8.5

Paris Johnson Jr 12.5

JSN 12.5

Broderick Jones 13.5

Zay Flowers 22.5

Specials

DB’s in Round One 5.5

QB’s in round One 4.5

TE’s in round One 2

WR’s in Round One 3.5

2 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

DraftKings

Will Anderson 3.5 UNDER

A-Rich 4.5 OVER

Will Levis 6.5 OVER

Jalen Carter 6.5 UNDER

Devin Witherspoon 7.5 OVER

Christian Gonzales 8.5 UNDER

Paris Johnson Jr 12.5 UNDER

JSN 12.5 OVER

Broderick Jones 13.5 OVER

Zay Flowers 22.5 UNDER

Specials

DB’s in Round One 5.5 OVER

QB’s in round One 4.5 UNDER

TE’s in round One 2 UNDER

WR’s in Round One 3.5 UNDER

On 4/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, BayRaider said:

Wouldn’t be shocked. The media and internet fans have overrated Will Anderson since December. I’ve said many times… great prospect, but he’s not a Bosa/Garrett generational edge. The only generational player in this entire class is Carter (borderline) and his off the field stuff is scary. 

Wilson down to +115 to be 1st defender off the board.

Im doubling down again +115, +275, +500. Let’s goooooo

Bets I'm taking based on value alone:

• Zay Flowers Under 22.5
  • Michael Mayer Over 21.5
  • Dalton Kincaid Over 24.5
  • Nolan Smith Over 11.5
  • Green Bay Position of First Pick - Offensive Line
  • Jack Campbell First Linebacker Drafted 
  • Peter Skoronski First Offensive Lineman Drafted
  • Christian Gonalez First Corner Drafted
  • Will Anderson First Defensive Player Drafted

• Like 1