Rams' S Eric Weddle won't give his new team the inside scoop on his former team, The Ravens

Dome

2 hours ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I mostly agree that it doesn't make much sense and who knows what's actually going on behind the scenes, away from the cameras. However, Weddle is very much at the tail end of his career and he's openly expressed his desire to return to Baltimore and live out his life/raise his family and be a coach for the Baltimore Ravens. Why potentially jeopardize that relationship by openly antagonizing his former (future) team in the media?

That explains a lot.  Makes more sense why he would say that now.

1 hour ago, seriously27 said:

This isn't exactly true. I work in an environment where you sign a confidentiality agreement when you are hired and if they find out you are giving away information about their methods or anything of that nature you can and will be sued for breaking that agreement. Most people don't even name the company they worked for, they just call it their past life. 

Did Weddle sign any sort of agreement like that? No. 

Sure there are going to be confidentiality and covenant not to compete agreements, but that's not the case here. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jeopardize what exactly? That makes no sense at all. You think Harbaugh will be mad that Weddle is helping his current team when you damn well know they are trying stuff out of Peters? How does that even make any sense? Weddle is NOT jeopardizing anything. Harbaugh nor anyone in the Ravens organization will hold a grudge for him trying to help his team out and give them the best chance to win.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. Don't get Weddle................at all! 

It’s embarrassing. It’s common practice.  Even if there’s nothing to know, why come out and say that?  Just saying it at all shows he values his opponent more than his current team. 

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Did Weddle sign any sort of agreement like that? No. 

Sure there are going to be confidentiality and covenant not to compete agreements, but that's not the case here. 

This is what you said. Nothing about this being specific to Weddle and football. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you work at one place and then go to a competitor, you will will be telling your current employer stuff about your old employer to make sure they have the edge on certain things and what to expect. Weddle keeping secrets here makes no sense. It's not like he is turning his back on the Ravens or anything, he would just be helping his current team out. You don't think Harbaugh is getting some stuff out of Peters and some of the tell tale signs of what to expect when the Rams motion this player or call out this play? Like Weddle's reasoning isn't good at all IMO. 

I was simply stating the fact that it is not actually common in all jobs to go to a new job and tell them about your old employers.  I was simply replying to your assertion that it was common in all jobs to do this, not that Weddle signed anything. 

This was probably said tongue in cheek, and naturally, buffoons in the media take it seriously and make a story out of nothing...

If you honestly believe that Weddle is more loyal to the team that released him than to his current team, you need to have your head examined...

On 11/21/2019 at 6:35 AM, JonStark said:

Kind of surprised at the reaction going around twitter. Guess I'm the only one that respects his integrity. 

I'd hope that he would do the same for us if he left the Rams, so I have no problem with it. 

I think it’s just spin. Something to talk about. Also I think it’s a jab at the Chargers by Weddle. There was no such statements when he got booted out of here. To clarify I think Weddle is a good dude and had a legit gripe against the Chargers organization but he made plenty of petty comments. It doesn’t surprise me that he is still taking jabs. 

1 hour ago, seriously27 said:

This is what you said. Nothing about this being specific to Weddle and football. 

I was simply stating the fact that it is not actually common in all jobs to go to a new job and tell them about your old employers.  I was simply replying to your assertion that it was common in all jobs to do this, not that Weddle signed anything. 

Um, I would say it is. Unless you are actually practitioner in say a law firm or CPA firm etc, most of the time you are not signing any type of agreement. The common person leaving a job will just be let go and leave elsewhere and take what they learned in their old job to their new job. 

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

We all have no idea what the Rams did or did not ask him to provide. Maybe they wanted tendencies, maybe they wanted more specific things, I don't know. Nobody does. All we know is that Eric Weddle felt/feels like he has too much respect for the Ravens and the way they treated him to give away information to any other team. 

Sounds like he wants a future coaching job more than to win so he should just retire already he obviously lost the desire.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, I would say it is. Unless you are actually practitioner in say a law firm or CPA firm etc, most of the time you are not signing any type of agreement. The common person leaving a job will just be let go and leave elsewhere and take what they learned in their old job to their new job. 

This also apply's to all fields where innovation and proprietary information are key components of their job. I think this is a lot more common than you think as many companies in the world of selling food/clothing/etc, the whole technological/gaming industry and also the world of Big Pharma all use these type of agreements. This is a really common practice. It's actually pretty common. 

25 minutes ago, seriously27 said:

This also apply's to all fields where innovation and proprietary information are key components of their job. I think this is a lot more common than you think as many companies in the world of selling food/clothing/etc, the whole technological/gaming industry and also the world of Big Pharma all use these type of agreements. This is a really common practice. It's actually pretty common. 

They may do it in those fields, but those types of jobs would be considered minority. My friend is leaving Wells Fargo to go to a competitor across the street as an loan analyst, and he didn't sign any confidentiality agreement or any kind of that sort. Again, that is more common than actually signing those types of agreements.

Anyways, back to Weddle, unless he signed that type of agreement..........which he almost certainly didn't, then he is just hurting his own team by holding certain secrets. 

• Like 1