Cole Madison tore ACL

Golfman

Packer fans are usually on top of these things, but I don't see a thread. This is a set back if we thought this guy was going to take a leap next year. I'm saying this sort of ends those dreams. 

#Packers OL Cole Madison tore his ACL during practice this week and is out for the season, source said. Coach Matt LaFleur described it as significant and said his heart breaks for him.

22 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Too bad for him. He had a shot to be in the mix next year for center next year if he really popped in camp.

I wonder if the squad sees enough in him to IR him all next year or if we just injury settlement him in August.

Please please PLEASE IR him all next year. This kid needs football badly in his life right now unless he himself makes the call to hang up his cleats. I thought he was doing just fine given what I had seen of him.

38 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Too bad for him. He had a shot to be in the mix next year for center next year if he really popped in camp.

I wonder if the squad sees enough in him to IR him all next year or if we just injury settlement him in August.

He'll be fine for camp. Gone are the days of 12 months for the ACL. It's very rare unless there was much more damaged than just ACL that this is longer than an 8 month injury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Packer fans are usually on top of these things, but I don't see a thread. This is a set back if we thought this guy was going to take a leap next year. I'm saying this sort of ends those dreams. 

#Packers OL Cole Madison tore his ACL during practice this week and is out for the season, source said. Coach Matt LaFleur described it as significant and said his heart breaks for him.

I posted in the Random thread. Didn't think Cole had earned his own thread yet having never actually dressed for a real NFL game. 

2 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Packers past center Flanagan hung around for several years getting fit (was it a broken leg with complications ?) to eventually start for them for several years. It's a different era, with different faces in management, but they have waited in the past.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

People are coming back from ACL's in 9 months these days. Jeffrey Simmons tore his in April during predraft stuff. He's been playing for 3 weeks. The kid should be ready to go by August I would guess. 

10 hours ago, Golfman said:

People are coming back from ACL's in 9 months these days. Jeffrey Simmons tore his in April during predraft stuff. He's been playing for 3 weeks. The kid should be ready to go by August I would guess. 

Good point, and ACL injuries are not all the same. If his is not too bad and the surgery goes well, he could be back for the start of the season. I was surprised he was on the roster this season rather than the practice squad. The team must value him, so I think they will give him every chance to stick around. 

• Like 1