Bears @ Lions, Thanksgiving, 11/28, 11:30 GDT

beardown3231

Pretty good play by the offense and play-calling today. I actually feel the defense had a bad performance today. Credit the playcalling of the Lions to score 20 points but a 3rd string QB isn't supposed to have a game like that against us.

Charles Leno is going to have to clean up his penalties if he's going to be a positive contributor for us. These penalties are really disrupting the flow of the offense and really mess with the rhythm of the offense. Also, Montgomery is really showing a lot of grit with his running. If we can play with some physicality on the offensive line, we might be able to play with some semblance of an offense to finish up the year.

Even though Mitch didn't play the best game, he really showed some reason for optimism. A lot of it had to do with the play-calling with today's game. Mitch is still showing some hesitation when he's running the ball.

But I'll take it. In today's NFL a win is a win and road games are hard to come by. Our team still has a lot of room for improvement but it looks better than it did a few weeks ago.

Edited by BACK2MACKSACK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Vocal Mitch Critic Here:

Mitch played really well. No buts, no qualifiers, that was a really good game.

Outside of the two head-scratching interceptions, he was pretty darn solid last week, too. And not that bad the week before. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

This is a very sloppy team. Penalties, subbing issues, blown assignments.

Really surprised at the operational issues.

This is a pretty big issue Nagy has to find a way to fix. Way too many penalties on the WRs and line. 

another couple of drops from the WRs as well.

id in favor of keeping in Wims and benching Gabirel going forward.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Vocal Mitch Critic Here:

Mitch played really well. No buts, no qualifiers, that was a really good game.

Agreed he had a great game and amazing touch on those deep throws. He has to find a way to be consistent on the deep throws and I think this offense really opens up.

53 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Agreed he had a great game and amazing touch on those deep throws. He has to find a way to be consistent on the deep throws and I think this offense really opens up.

Last year, by and large, he found that way. And it was often pretty to watch. His regression this season (before this November turnaround) has been befuddling to suffer through...