Jump to content
Gmen

2020 NFL draft thread

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

Not sure if I read it on here or heard a pundit say it but in all of his drafts DG has never once traded down. So I wouldn't hold my breath although I think it's by far the correct move if Young or Wills are off the board. There is just so many holes to plug. But my best guess is DG takes Wills or Thomas

I agree on all accounts. He should trade down, but won’t.  I still think he take Brown or Jeudy and tries to justify it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

I agree on all accounts. He should trade down, but won’t.  I still think he take Brown or Jeudy and tries to justify it 

I really hope not. I'm still not convinced Jeudy will even be the best NFL WR from his own college roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I really hope not. I'm still not convinced Jeudy will even be the best NFL WR from his own college roster.

I beg to differ on Jeudy. That man is going to be special. From watching him this season with his incredible route running and soft hands he's gonna be a good one. If u watched him in the Citrus Bowl he put all doubts of mine to bed that he is the top WR in college football. He is a man among boys in this coming draft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Giants4eva said:

I beg to differ on Jeudy. That man is going to be special. From watching him this season with his incredible route running and soft hands he's gonna be a good one. If u watched him in the Citrus Bowl he put all doubts of mine to bed that he is the top WR in college football. He is a man among boys in this coming draft. 

I have Lamb as my 1, and I'm fighting between Ruggs and Jeudy as my #2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kodaraw said:

I agree on all accounts. He should trade down, but won’t.  I still think he take Brown or Jeudy and tries to justify it 

Don’t get me mad pls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last player that I wanted us to pick and we’ve actually gone ahead and done it is Odell. 

I want Simmons or the corner from Ohio State but we probably won’t go there. We’ll take a tackle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

The last player that I wanted us to pick and we’ve actually gone ahead and done it is Odell. 

I want Simmons or the corner from Ohio State but we probably won’t go there. We’ll take a tackle. 

We need a Tackle, seeing how this is a good Tackle draft I hope we can get our future LT and RT from this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

We need a Tackle, seeing how this is a good Tackle draft I hope we can get our future LT and RT from this draft.

My fear is that our number 1 Tackle gets taken in the first 3 picks and then we reach for our number 2 tackle on the board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

My fear is that our number 1 Tackle gets taken in the first 3 picks and then we reach for our number 2 tackle on the board

The only team who could take a tackle top 3 is Detroit, and they've already got a franchise LT. I don't see any tackles getting taken before us. The first 2 picks are locked in already, then Detroit takes either Okudah or Brown IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The only team who could take a tackle top 3 is Detroit, and they've already got a franchise LT. I don't see any tackles getting taken before us. The first 2 picks are locked in already, then Detroit takes either Okudah or Brown IMO.

Detroit is in a superb position to trade down as well - but it will likely be to a QB needy team. Not a tackle needy team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kodaraw said:

Detroit is in a superb position to trade down as well - but it will likely be to a QB needy team. Not a tackle needy team 

Detroit getting a king's ransom for a QB would be good for us as well. After Burrow, there are 2 more high tier QBs in Tua and Herbert that teams want. A team moving up to 3 to grab one of them would signal a mad dash to get the last guy at 4, especially before the Dolphins pick. A great scenario for us would be moving back one spot with the Dolphins, netting an extra 2nd or something in the process, and not even losing out on whoever we wanted at 4.

If Gettleman doesn't trade back this year, he never will. Maybe Judge can knock some sense into him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The only team who could take a tackle top 3 is Detroit, and they've already got a franchise LT. I don't see any tackles getting taken before us. The first 2 picks are locked in already, then Detroit takes either Okudah or Brown IMO.

This is assuming no trades.  The absolute ideal scenario for us is someone trades with Washington to be honest.  I don't think it will happen, but personally I'd love to see the draft go Qb, young, trade down (qb) and that puts us in a ideal scenario to trade down.  In this draft, after young, I think that the next 6-7 non-Qb prospects are all relatively in the same league.  So a trade down is ideal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

The only team who could take a tackle top 3 is Detroit, and they've already got a franchise LT. I don't see any tackles getting taken before us. The first 2 picks are locked in already, then Detroit takes either Okudah or Brown IMO.

I honestly see Detroit trading out of #3 because they want Chase Young like anybody else. Once hes taken by the Redskins, they are gonna start taking phone calls. Miami or San Diego is gonna be on the other end of the line. There is no doubt in my mind that Detroit trades down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to really like Isaiah Simmons. I'll be watching him closely in the national championship. If the Giants could slide back a couple spots and add a couple premium picks and then take Simmons that would be pretty nice. And if Judge is serious about fitting his scheme around his personnel Isaiah Simmons sounds like could be the figurative queen on the chessboard. His scouting reports make him sound like he's part Myles Jack part Derwin James. 

I'm gonna cook up a mock draft fairly soon. Got some relatively realistic ideas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

I honestly see Detroit trading out of #3 because they want Chase Young like anybody else. Once hes taken by the Redskins, they are gonna start taking phone calls. Miami or San Diego is gonna be on the other end of the line. There is no doubt in my mind that Detroit trades down. 

Idk man Okudah would be a pretty nice get for them. Slay and Okudah could man up against pretty much any set of receivers in the league (I'm just secretly hoping Detroit doesn't trade down and the Giants get a ransom xD)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×