Week 13 GDT: Browns-Steelers II. and the Depodesta Code

Mind Character

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Btw you cats crapping on Baker need to go back and watch that sideline throw to Jarvis again. Great catch, but show me 5 other qbs that can make that throw. 

I swear people are just pissed he didn’t throw for 300 yds and 80 tds. Stats are literally one of the dumbest things you can look at for qbs. 

Yeah with a clean pocket he shreds at an elite level.

His arm talent is unreal.

He doesn’t need OBJ, he needs OL.  He’ll make scrub WR’s look good with time.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

He deserves some blame, but I also don't think we give him many opportunities. I also constantly see a safety over the top on him. It's why our TE's have had some big games and Jarvis is murking his 1-1 matchups.

I would obviously like him to produce way more, but I don't think he's as bad as his stats would lead you to believe. He's drawing everyone's top cover guy and making life easier for everyone else. I don't think he's worth what we gave up at this point in time, but we also don't use him creatively. He lines up outside and runs outside the numbers 99% of the time. That's way too easy to defense. Way too easy to double him that way too.

I mean, not really.

We’ve tried to manufacture touches as well and he’s done nothing with them.  No slants for 40 yard, no 15 yard gains on bubble screens, etc.  The guy has dropped a lot of easy passes as well.  Hasn’t made many (1?) wow catch on a contested pass.

I’ll readily admit he’s better than his stats indicate, but that ain’t saying much at this point.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah with a clean pocket he shreds at an elite level.

His arm talent is unreal.

He doesn’t need OBJ, he needs OL.  He’ll make scrub WR’s look good with time.

Yeah not even a clean pocket...just a non chaotic pocket would do. He’s pretty danged good at manipulating a pocket. Honestly his ability to move around in chaos has been commendable. Those crap stats people were throwing around earlier about him having a lot of time from snap to throw were all because of Baker. Anybody been in Italy for the running of the bulls?  Yeah me neither but it’s on my bucket list. Put Baker in there and that’s what we got. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

I mean we’re 5-7.  Embarrassment is not 5-7.  Me included - we were all expecting a lot.  If we finish 8-8 I dunno yeah I’d be sad but still the best season we’ve had since 2007

maybe we all need some perspective but yeah this hurts 

The hard thing is accepting mediocre because all we've seen is bad.

We are player for player one of the more talented teams in the league.

Yet we are getting beat by teams with much less talent because we are just getting out coached.

And it's not difficult things.  We are a running team and everyone but the coaching staff knows it.  We ran 6 times in this second half and only once in the 4th quarter.

At their 30 yardline.  What we needed was positive yards and we could have put points on the board.  Instead all we used that interception for is giving them worse field position.

We need to commit to running the football.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Robinson for sure should be brought back.

He’s our 3rd best OL and that’s not debatable.

As a backup, that'd be fine. No way he should be back as a starter though. We need two new starting OTs next year and maybe a guard. Hopefully Forbes can start at RG next year but that's asking a lot for a guy who was a late round pick.

What a freakin crappy day. I turned down other social activities with friends, because they weren’t watching the game. Big mistake. I don’t care I love football, screw you cats this is browns/stillers ima watch. I’m good, we win and I don’t care I’ll get a good meal and celebrate the victory. 

Reality?  ***** been kicked. I get hungry. End of the game a potent thunderstorm rolls in with high winds and 1 inch of hail. Meanwhile I order take out with one of my favorite meals from said Chinese restaurant, Mongolian beef, yeah put a period at the end of that sentence. Stupid English. Drive to town get beer and roll over to the restaurant. I literally have to walk through a freaking river to get to the restaurant. I’m soaked. I’m pissed. But for real all I have to do is get home watch more football and enjoy my Mongolian beef. (Oh and thought I’d score some cash on the live futures market, but that failed too). Ok I get home, watch more football and nestle up with what usually is delicious Chinese food. 

errrrrrrrrrrtr...holy ****, what am I eating?  Pure ****. Pure ****. It was nice and spicy...in a bad way. Think used socks with a strong onion taste. The meat was, uh not tender. And tasted like used socks with a strong onion taste. 

And then I got back on here. 

Moral of the story? I’m not turning down anymore plans this year. Screw you browns. I tried, and you failed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Moral of the story? I’m not turning down anymore plans this year. Screw you browns. I tried, and you failed. 

PSA for any Ohioans: If you are not already in Ohio State fan, that is the safe in-state bet. The Browns will typically let you down. Never live your life expecting anything but disappointment from Cleveland. One day we will reap the unexpected successes. The off-season hype leading into this season is a swift reminder of that for all of us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

PSA for any Ohioans: If you are not already in Ohio State fan, that is the safe in-state bet. The Browns will typically let you down. Never live your life expecting anything but disappointment from Cleveland. One day we will reap the unexpected successes. The off-season hype leading into this season is a swift reminder of that for all of us.

Yeah as I get depressed today I remember that we crushed Michigan again.

• Like 3