Week 13 GDT: Browns-Steelers II. and the Depodesta Code

Mind Character

24 minutes ago, buno67 said:

not even that, I think he has been graded as one of the worst starting lineman or something like that

He had a few games where he gave up a bunch of pressures. I’ve checked in with eagles fans and they say he had been coming along nicely. He’s going to start when peters retires.

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Let's be honest. If we didn't trade for OBJ, we would have drafted Hollywood Brown, not an OT.

I mean, ok.

He’d have likely done as much as OBJ and we’d still have a nice SS as well.

Kitchens can do nothing right, Baker is getting questioned, etc and this guy seemingly gets a free pass and I’m not sure why.  Dafuq is he doing for his 20 million besides drawing eyeballs an Insta?

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, ok.

Kitchens can do nothing right, Baker is getting questioned, etc and this guy seemingly gets a free pass and I’m not sure why.  Dafuq is he doing for his 20 million besides drawing eyeballs an Insta?

Not sure what PFF or All 22 have to say but Olivier Vernon is a guy I don’t see playing in a pro bowl this year either.

I mean, ok.

WR is just such a highly dependent position.  Are you going to beat your guy, have the QB find you, and have the blocking set up at the same time?

Baker was getting shelled with the Steelers bringing 4 guys all day.  That's why I was never too excited about getting OBJ in the first place.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Not sure what PFF or All 22 have to say but Olivier Vernon is a guy I don’t see playing in a pro bowl this year either.

Yeah he hasn’t done a damned thing.

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

WR is just such a highly dependent position.  Are you going to beat your guy, have the QB find you, and have the blocking set up at the same time?

Baker was getting shelled with the Steelers bringing 4 guys all day.  That's why I was never too excited about getting OBJ in the first place.

I mean, yes, but I can’t believe that’s been the case all year.

He hasn’t looked half as good as Landry.  He’s dropped a lot of easy passes and made one or two “wow” plays all season.  He’s been more or less replacement level all season if we’re being honest.

• Like 1

We do need something at wide receiver.  Antonio Callaway really screwed us by not being able to keep his head on straight, too busy hitting the bong.  And I don’t know what the deal is with Richard Higgins, but he’s been good for nothing.  A mid round field stretcher or FA and a healthy David Njoku back next season will help things if we can get some guys who can block. Njoku is the guy we miss the most. In theory, he should have been in for a huge season.

Edited by NateDawg

Yeah he hasn’t done a damned thing.

I mean, yes, but I can’t believe that’s been the case all year.

He hasn’t looked half as good as Landry.  He’s dropped a lot of easy passes and made one or two “wow” plays all season.  He’s been more or less replacement level all season if we’re being honest.

I think he's taking some coverage away from Landry, but I don't watch the all 22.  We can't throw the ball when the other team know we have to throw it because they can tee off on our horrendous o-line.

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lick your wounds.

But meanwhile we need 2 starting OT's and 2 starting safeties next year.  I'll live with whoever at guard but you can't have 3/5 of your o-lineman be backup quality, I mean f*** we probably have to re-sign Robinson AGAIN.

Robinson for sure should be brought back.

He’s our 3rd best OL and that’s not debatable.

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I think he's taking some coverage away from Landry, but I don't watch the all 22.  We can't throw the ball when the other team know we have to throw it because they can tee off on our horrendous o-line.

I think that’s fair, but it’s not like the Giants have had a good OL and he feasted there.

He’s done next to nothing.

Btw you cats crapping on Baker need to go back and watch that sideline throw to Jarvis again. Great catch, but show me 5 other qbs that can make that throw. 

I swear people are just pissed he didn’t throw for 300 yds and 80 tds. Stats are literally one of the dumbest things you can look at for qbs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We do need something at wide receiver.  Antonio Callaway really screwed us by not being able to keep his head on straight, too busy hitting the bong.  And I don’t know what the deal is with Richard Higgins, but he’s been good for nothing.  Amid round field stretcher and a healthy David Njoku back next season will help things if we can get some guys who can block. 

I agree, I also want another good TE. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, ok.

He deserves some blame, but I also don't think we give him many opportunities. I also constantly see a safety over the top on him. It's why our TE's have had some big games and Jarvis is murking his 1-1 matchups.

I would obviously like him to produce way more, but I don't think he's as bad as his stats would lead you to believe. He's drawing everyone's top cover guy and making life easier for everyone else. I don't think he's worth what we gave up at this point in time, but we also don't use him creatively. He lines up outside and runs outside the numbers 99% of the time. That's way too easy to defense. Way too easy to double him that way too.