Week 13 GDT: Browns-Steelers II. and the Depodesta Code

Mind Character

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Serious question, which one of these QBs do you see Baker being better than in 5 years:

Lamar (depends if he gets injured at some point, as it stands possibly, but not likely)

Mahomes (possibly, but most likely not)

Wilson (no)

Prescott (Yes)

Watson (same as Lamar)

Wentz (Yes)

Rodgers (Yes)

Goff (Yes)

Ryan (Yes)

Stafford (Yes)

I’m not even including guys like Kyler Murray or future draft picks. Hell, Josh Allen is about to lead his team into the playoffs.

Baker > Josh Allen

Josh Allen has a great defense and a great head coach, both things Baker does not have. Put Baker on the Bills and they'd be talking Super Bowl, imo.

For those who are bashing Goff, Ryan, and Prescott. Do we just ignore their post season success too? 2 led their team to a super bowl.

To be fair, you said who would be a better player in 5 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Next time Fat Freddie needs to focus on game planning and not trolling 

Yes, I'm sure him putting on a t-shirt really distracted from his ability to game plan.

Your trolling game isn't as good as it used to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MarkPrice25 said:

To put this into perspective: who would you say, after year two, will have the better career?

QB#1: 2936 passing yards, 16 TD, 8 INT, 7.0 Y/A, 777 rushing yards, 8 TD, 6.9 Y/A

QB#2: 3284 passing yards, 17 TD, 16 INT, 6.2 Y/A, 130 rushing yards, 1 TD, 3.4 Y/A

At least Josh Allen can run past his past rush. 

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Serious question, which one of these QBs do you see Baker being better than in 5 years:

Lamar

Mahomes

Wilson

Prescott

Watson

Wentz

Rodgers

Goff

Ryan

Stafford

I’m not even including guys like Kyler Murray or future draft picks. Hell, Josh Allen is about to lead his team into the playoffs.

Wentz, Stafford, and Fairly even with a few of them

We need to chill out on Baker a bit. A few things haven’t helped him this year. Some self inflicted a lot out of his control. 

The OL hasn’t helped, Freddie’s play calling and OBJ only being at the mandatory parts of training camp all hurt. As well as Njoku being hurt. 

Self inflicted I think he let last year get to his head a bit. This season being a little rough could actually be great for him going forward. Knowing it won’t be easy is a good thing for him to learn 

• Like 1

This falls on the DC and our OL

Wilks needed to change something up. It was painful to watch. Do SOMETHING to generate a pass rush. He was able to stand back there with no pressure. On top of that, our corners are hot garbage today.

Mccray and Hubbard were worse than if they put two cam Erving clones out there.

Shoot... give me John st Clair back....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

We need to chill out on Baker a bit. A few things haven’t helped him this year. Some self inflicted a lot out of his control. 

The OL hasn’t helped, Freddie’s play calling and OBJ only being at the mandatory parts of training camp all hurt. As well as Njoku being hurt. 

Self inflicted I think he let last year get to his head a bit. This season being a little rough could actually be great for him going forward. Knowing it won’t be easy is a good thing for him to learn 

Pretty much this. Baker has had his faults this year, no doubt, but he is absolutely not the reason why this season has turned out the way it has. He's made improvements after a rough start and has started to have more good moments like he did last year.

Anyone trying to pin this loss on Baker is a fool.

• Like 1