Week 13 GDT: Browns-Steelers II. and the Depodesta Code

Mind Character

Just now, candyman93 said:

Baker is a Joe Flacco / Andy Dalton type of QB. He needs incredible talent around him to be successful.

He can play really well like a top 5 QB in *some* games. However, he will never be a top 10 QB consistently.

Dude, this is a silly take.

• Like 1

Baker is a Joe Flacco / Andy Dalton type of QB. He needs incredible talent around him to be successful.

He can play really well like a top 5 QB in *some* games. However, he will never be a top 10 QB consistently.

I think you’re underselling him a bit there, but I get your point.

He needs help, but really what he needs is time.  If you give him time, he’ll shred teams.  If he’s running for his life, he’s hella average.

They need to go all in on OL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Watch us lose to the Bengals now

What does it matter quite frankly...

We are already an embarrassment.  We have one of the most talented rosters in the league and can't do anything with it.  We can't be Brandon Allen?  We can't beat Duck Hodges?  We deserve to lose to the Bengals 

Edited by CBrownsman

Maybe 8-8 on the year if we're lucky.  

Don't think we'll handle the Ravens, even at home, and the Cardinals arent going to just roll over.  

Should beat the Bengals, but after watching this performance, with this offensive offensive line.

We had a chance to get ourselves on the map this year.  

Gentlemen, the 2019 Cleveland Browns.

Image result for not ready for prime time players"

Hopefully without too much hype next year we can finally start looking at turning the corner.

That's a bit premature I think. He really didn't have that much of a bad game. The OL was atrocious and the defense couldn't stop a guy named Duck... His receivers couldn't make plays when it mattered, either. He wasn't light-the-world-on-fire by any means, but he was good enough to win, imo.

Lest we forget he was pretty good against some of the best defenses in the NFL this year (Denver, NE, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, etc.)

1 minute ago, CBrownsman said:

What does it matter quite frankly...

We are already an embarrassment.  We have one of the most talented rosters in the league and can't do anything with it.  We can't be Brandon Allen?  We can't beat Duck Hodges?  We deserve to lose to the Bengals 

I mean we’re 5-7.  Embarrassment is not 5-7.  Me included - we were all expecting a lot.  If we finish 8-8 I dunno yeah I’d be sad but still the best season we’ve had since 2007

maybe we all need some perspective but yeah this hurts 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Wow. If by “incredible talent” you mean a goddamn oline than I agree with you. 

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Explain why.

Do you think he’s a top 10 caliber QB? If so, you BADLY underrate the NFL as a whole. Bakers prime is a top 15 QB.

We've seen how well he can play. Will he become a top 10 QB? No idea. Baker was the least of our problems today. Besides that last play, he played well today when given more than one second of a clean pocket. Plus, you realize second year QBs can improve, right? He's still really inexperienced and has gotten better as the season has gone on.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

I mean we’re 5-7.  Embarrassment is not 5-7.  Me included - we were all expecting a lot.  If we finish 8-8 I dunno yeah I’d be sad but still the best season we’ve had since 2007

maybe we all need some perspective but yeah this hurts 

Yeah man.  

We were feeling the eff out of ourselves all offseason and caught a nice slice of humble pie, but the future remains bright.

The Steelers have been building their roster and philosophy with little interruption for 50 years. Us?  Less than 50 weeks.

Give Freddie some time to learn, Baker some time to grow and Dorsey some time to address the roster.

The sky ain’t falling.  At least long term. (But yeah, we’re toast this season).

• Like 5

Serious question, which one of these QBs do you see Baker being better than in 5 years:

Lamar

Mahomes

Wilson

Prescott

Watson

Wentz

Rodgers

Goff

Ryan

Stafford

I’m not even including guys like Kyler Murray or future draft picks. Hell, Josh Allen is about to lead his team into the playoffs.

Edited by candyman93