Week 13 - Patriots at Longhorns

Deadpulse

12 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

That onside kick nearly killed me. They had it! If Bolden corrals that they have 50 seconds to score. How is no one as upset about this as I am?! I can’t take it. 

They didn’t deserve to win the game, you wave the white flag with 10 minutes left I’m not gonna be too upset about that 

But yeah, that would’ve been awesome 

43 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

That onside kick nearly killed me. They had it! If Bolden corrals that they have 50 seconds to score. How is no one as upset about this as I am?! I can’t take it. 

If Bolden corals that I think he might take it to the house

• Like 1

Time for realism, because some of you have been drinking the kool-aid.

Silver linings

Brady still throws ropes, climbs pockets and is still really good. He may be in decline, but he's still Tom for sure. He's being taken for granted by nearly everyone on the organisation it seems, with the lack of investment around him

Ferentz done well in Karras' absense

We knew this was a tough stretch, and many predicted 2-2 - well, this is still on

Maybe the flu actually did kick our A. I agree with Pulse - it looked like we didn't practice

The truth

You can stop this 'historical D' nonsense finally. We aren't even the best D in the league THIS season. It's the strongest part of us, and it is a really good D....nothing more.

JJ was exposed...Stills just ran past him

The record is a fallacy. We have played precisely 5 good teams, and are 3-2 in those games (one includes BUF who you may even not class as genuine). Extrapolate that for a 16 game season, and we'd be something like 9-7. I think this is realistic, and it would make us something like the 9th or 10th best team. Again, I think this is realistic

Is it time to question Bill? I trust Bill more than most, I would literally follow him into a pit of fire if he told me it would work and we'd be fine - BUT, can we question whether he's become arrogant or stuck in his ways? Was it time, at points during this season or last, to actually give Tom some genuine weapons and break from your old ways? Maybe not, but maybe....

As for Bill B, he was outcoached by Bill O. Belichick was outcoached by a bumbling *. They doubled Edelman and put a CB on white....so run the ball....they came out so light so often, and we refused to run. We largely abandoned the run after it was doing well early. We played zone too much and they took advantage - why did we play zone as much as we did??

Have you ever seen us not put the right amount of players on the field and have to use a TO on a KNEEL DOWN?!

Anyway. We're on to.....oh....

Sorry but this lack of invest in offense is just flat out not true. In 2018 we spent both first round picks on a left tackle and a running back. Last year we spent our first round pick on a wide receiver and now we have invested a future 2nd round pick on veteran wide receiver. A long the way the have brought in Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon, not to mention a myriad of WRs/TEs like Thomas, Dorset etc. Their only fault is that all this investment has either flat out failed or is still developing and that the offensive line had unexpectedly regressed under Scar. Sorry but Brady is not a victim of the organization neglecting him.

22 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

No reason for the offense to be held under 20 again

Got over 20 dude to garbage time but this is officially a disaster. Everybody was out there in perfect weather conditions against a defense that has been getting torched all year and could do absolutely nothing. Worse pats offense in 15 years 

1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

Sorry but this lack of invest in offense is just flat out not true. In 2018 we spent both first round picks on a left tackle and a running back. Last year we spent our first round pick on a wide receiver and now we have invested a future 2nd round pick on veteran wide receiver. A long the way the have brought in Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon, not to mention a myriad of WRs/TEs like Thomas, Dorset etc. Their only fault is that all this investment has either flat out failed or is still developing and that the offensive line had unexpectedly regressed under Scar. Sorry but Brady is not a victim of the organization neglecting him.

It sounds good when you put it like that, but it's still UNDERfunded. 

The two firsts on Sony and Isaih was the first good sign in a long time - before that;

2017 - Only 1 offensive player, 7th round

2016 - Thuney, Brisset in the 3rd round, Mitchell in 4th

2015 - Mason and Jackson in the 4th

In fact, you have to go back to 2011 for our last 1st round offensive player. It's all caught up with us. Team building from drafting is a structure that needs waves of investment. We've only just started doing it for 2 consecutive years. Also, you could argue the Sony pick was bad considering his teammate.

The total and obvious reluctance to get a TE of any merit in is rearing it's ugly head. 

I do think we are missing Andrews something chronic though, and that can't be helped. He is a massive loss, IMO.

9 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

So now we need Buffalo to win next week and then we have to beat Buffalo since they can get the #1 seed too.

As a Bills fan it is great to have some competition this late in the season for once. Depending on what happens this week that Bill Patriots week 16 game could very well decide  the winner of the AFC East.

I cant believe we control our own destiny to the #1 overall seed. I dont expect it.. i expect to lose vs Ravens but AFC east looks doable 

31 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Sony Michel is a mediocre at best RB. You don’t draft those guys in the 1st round. AND he’s  a non factor in the passing game 

I think he's a pretty good runner, but just not a good use of a first round pick when the guy is a total non-factor in the passing game. That stat they showed on the broadcast last night was so telling, 84% pass when White is the in the game, 66% run when Michel is in (both league high percentages).