The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

54 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They could have done all of this the last few weeks that he was running the team into the ground. Im tired of waiting for Jerry to grow a pair and get over his pet fetish. Just take him around back, throw some chocolate on the ground and when he starts gobbling it up, shoot him. Doing this takes away from interviews with other head coaching candidates 

I get the resentment and eagerness to get the Garrett era over with...but I think what gets lost in this whole thing is that these guys are people at the end of the day. 

Garrett may not have been the coach we had hoped, but he's a great person. He deserves to be shown some respect, and if I were a potential coach looking to come and take over the reigns in Dallas? The way Garrett's being treated by the Cowboys brass would make me strongly consider them as a landing spot. 

15 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

All I know is if all of these meetings happen just for Jerry to come out and say that he’s keeping Garrett as HC, I’m going to seriously consider supporting another organization. I’m close to being completely fed up with this idiot General Manager and how he’s running things.

The frustration is strong in many of us.

18 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

All I know is if all of these meetings happen just for Jerry to come out and say that he’s keeping Garrett as HC, I’m going to seriously consider supporting another organization. I’m close to being completely fed up with this idiot General Manager and how he’s running things.

Close to being??

2 hours ago, D82 said:

I get the resentment and eagerness to get the Garrett era over with...but I think what gets lost in this whole thing is that these guys are people at the end of the day. 

Garrett may not have been the coach we had hoped, but he's a great person. He deserves to be shown some respect, and if I were a potential coach looking to come and take over the reigns in Dallas? The way Garrett's being treated by the Cowboys brass would make me strongly consider them as a landing spot. 

I dont mind the hand holding and gestures. But if this causes us to lose out on a great coach because they were lured away while Jerry was busy handling his buddy and making sure he wouldnt walk away crying then it is a poor decision. One of many under the ownership of Jerry. 

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I dont mind the hand holding and gestures. But if this causes us to lose out on a great coach because they were lured away while Jerry was busy handling his buddy and making sure he wouldnt walk away crying then it is a poor decision. One of many under the ownership of Jerry. 

What makes you think they Jones's arent speaking to coaches right now? There is literally no reason they cant be. Hell there were rumors as far back as mid-November that Joneses has spoken to both Myer and Riley.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

What makes you think they Jones's arent speaking to coaches right now? There is literally no reason they cant be. Hell there were rumors as far back as mid-November that Joneses has spoken to both Myer and Riley.

Because they've already stated that they are dealing with Jason right now.

Unless they are sneaking them in the back door under a canope while rolled up in a rug, they aren't doing interviews. They can talk with coaches right now sure. And those coaches can also talk and then fly to New York and be persuaded to stay rather then waiting on a meeting with Jones who again who is too busy to meet with them because he doesnt want to hurt the feelings of the conman who just cost Cowboys fans 10 years of their lives pretending to be a Head Coach. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Because they've already stated that they are dealing with Jason right now.

Link?

And also, do you honestly believe everything that the Joneses state to the media is 100% honest? Especially things like this, where there have been multiple examples of Jerry having private handshake deals before the previous guy was fired?

Unless they are sneaking them in the back door under a canope while rolled up in a rug, they aren't doing interviews.

Its called a phone. Or a Webcam. 

They can talk with coaches right now sure. And those coaches can also talk and then fly to New York and be persuaded to stay rather then waiting on a meeting with Jones who again who is too busy to meet with them because he doesnt want to hurt the feelings of the conman who just cost Cowboys fans 10 years of their lives pretending to be a Head Coach. 

astonishing. You are defying all possibilities to assume the worst. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Link?

For? You've just been defending why they are holding Jason's hand. Why do you need a link?

And also, do you honestly believe everything that the Joneses state to the media is 100% honest? Especially things like this, where there have been multiple examples of Jerry having private handshake deals before the previous guy was fired?

Its called a phone. Or a Webcam. 

When was the last time a NFL coach has been sold on a phonecall or even webcam?

astonishing. You are defying all possibilities to assume the worst. 

Jerry has a habit of fullfilling the worst possible scenario by doing what he wants. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

For? You've just been defending why they are holding Jason's hand. Why do you need a link?

For the statement "they are just dealing with Jason". I would like to know how you know what they are doing 24/7.

When was the last time a NFL coach has been sold on a phonecall or even webcam?

Well, we hired Bill Parcells by picking him up in a private plane that Jerry rented out and they negotiated the entire deal in the air... No leaks. 

We hired Barry Switzer over the phone. 

Dont know about other teams, tbh

Jerry has a habit of fullfilling the worst possible scenario by doing what he wants. 

lol. There are about ~10-20 teams that are worse over the last 5-10 years. So "worst possible" seems once again like hyperbole. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

For the statement "they are just dealing with Jason". I would like to know how you know what they are doing 24/7.

Cause they are just dealing with Jason. Tell me, do you think we can hire a great coach with just a phone call? Do you think even Meyer would come on just a phone call?

Well, we hired Bill Parcells by picking him up in a private plane that Jerry rented out and they negotiated the entire deal in the air... No leaks. 

mmmk?

We hired Barry Switzer over the phone. 

Dont know about other teams, tbh

lol. There are about ~10-20 teams that are worse over the last 5-10 years. So "worst possible" seems once again like hyperbole. 

Well you got me there, but that was 94 plus Switzer and Jerry are both idiots so they fit eachother like a glove. 

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Cause they are just dealing with Jason.

How do you know this? Just admit its an unfounded assumption and we can move on.

Tell me, do you think we can hire a great coach with just a phone call?

Apparently the Jones family hosted the Riley family for events in the past. I am assuming that they could interview by 'technology'. Phone, Skype, digital presentations, etc.

So yes, you can hire people by technology. 

Do you think even Meyer would come on just a phone call?

Phone call only? I dunno. But could the interview process be started by phone? ABSOLUTELY 100%. 

Edited by Matts4313

Call me crazy but I believe now that If Dallas has a preferred candidate in mind I have no doubt that the organization has contacted said individual.  Would have preferred to have things done quicker but so be it.  Good things come to those who wait right? 

• Like 1