The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Really? Black Monday was yesterday he should have been side long before that it is now Tuesday and we're still having meetings. Sorry I'm going to refresh into my head pops off

When have the Cowboys ever released information on any schedule outside of their own? The fact that they havent told us anything doesnt mean they havent decided. All it means is they havent told us their plan.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

When have the Cowboys ever released information on any schedule outside of their own? The fact that they havent told us anything doesnt mean they havent decided. All it means is they havent told us their plan.

Yes but again I ask who does it benefit waiting longer the Cowboys Jason Garrett, I say neither

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes but again I ask who does it benefit waiting longer the Cowboys Jason Garrett, I say neither

From a comfort standpoint it benefits both of them. We'd throw him a going away party if we could. Maybe we are

From a strategic one, oh who cares, we're worth $5B, that's what counts

I don't think he returns as head coach. He wouldn't be saying good bye if he was. 

I do wonder if there isn't some discussion going on about bringing him on within the front office. I don't think he'd receive the official GM title, Jerry isn't going to concede that until he dies - nor do I think they'd put him in a position above McClay, Stephen & Jerry and hell, Jason probably respect him too much to do that. But I do think they're thinking over options on an exact title. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Who does it benefit telling the media its plans? You? 

well for starters letting it become public knowledge would definitely benefit JG if he is even remotely interested in coaching somewhere. availability does dry up quickly, except for us. 

Then there is JJ finally making a stand and saying underachieving WILL NOT be tolerated and show JG the door already. 

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

I don't think he returns as head coach. He wouldn't be saying good bye if he was. 

I do wonder if there isn't some discussion going on about bringing him on within the front office. I don't think he'd receive the official GM title, Jerry isn't going to concede that until he dies - nor do I think they'd put him in a position above McClay, Stephen & Jerry and hell, Jason probably respect him too much to do that. But I do think they're thinking over options on an exact title. 

Its like the entire internet cant see the facts. Lets review:

• After the last game he spent 5 more hours on the field by himself with friends and family throwing the ball
  • Gave an impassioned "good bye" to the team
  • Told all the other coaches to start looking for new jobs
  • Today after meeting gave goodbyes/exchanged information with staffers
  • Has a contract that is very rapidly expiring

Does that sound like a guy who will be coaching here next season? Seriously, just need have patiences. Garrett is part of the Jones 'family', he is going to be treated with 100% class on the way out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

well for starters letting it become public knowledge would definitely benefit JG if he is even remotely interested in coaching somewhere. availability does dry up quickly, except for us. 

Then there is JJ finally making a stand and saying underachieving WILL NOT be tolerated and show JG the door already. 

So basically it helps no one but the fans. If it helped Garrett he would be demanding to be released right now. He is likely going to take a year or two off from the NFL. 

Also read my last post. 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

• After the last game he spent 5 more hours on the field by himself with friends and family throwing the ball

Does that sound like a guy who will be coaching here next season? Seriously, just need have patiences. Garrett is part of the Jones 'family', he is going to be treated with 100% class on the way out. 

THAT is where JJ has gone wrong for the past 10 or so..

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

They could have done all of this the last few weeks that he was running the team into the ground. Im tired of waiting for Jerry to grow a pair and get over his pet fetish. Just take him around back, throw some chocolate on the ground and when he starts gobbling it up, shoot him. Doing this takes away from interviews with other head coaching candidates 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

THAT is where JJ has gone wrong for the past 10 or so..

Disagree. JG isnt is bad as you are making it out. Especially the last 5.

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They could have done all of this the last few weeks that he was running the team into the ground. Im tired of waiting for Jerry to grow a pair and get over his pet fetish. Just take him around back, throw some chocolate on the ground and when he starts gobbling it up, shoot him. Doing this takes away from interviews with other head coaching candidates 

:EyeRoll:

You see the numerous amount of fallacies in this post, I am sure, but are too emotional to see it.

15 minutes ago, Northland said:

So they are going to resolve the Garrett era gracefully.  Fine.  For all we know Jerry may have a preferred candidate and a deal all but done.  Or it may take weeks.  When has Jerry ever danced to a beat other than his own?

All I know is if all of these meetings happen just for Jerry to come out and say that he’s keeping Garrett as HC, I’m going to seriously consider supporting another organization. I’m close to being completely fed up with this idiot General Manager and how he’s running things.

Edited by Tony7188