Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

33 minutes ago, VanS said:

So nobody else ever plays against bad teams?  And FTR are we sure the Dolphins are terrible defensively?  Cam Newton seemed to have a much easier time against the Seahawks pass defense than the Dolphins.

If you think Josh Allen is not good then just say it and we'll see over time if you are right.  Otherwise just give credit where its due.  He's playing MVP caliber ball right now.

You thumped your chest, be prepared for people to point out you're showing your ***. Yes, they are

30 minutes ago, VanS said:

So nobody else ever plays against bad teams?  And FTR are we sure the Dolphins are terrible defensively?  Cam Newton seemed to have a much easier time against the Seahawks pass defense than the Dolphins.

If you think Josh Allen is not good then just say it and we'll see over time if you are right.  Otherwise just give credit where its due.  He's playing MVP caliber ball right now.

Yes.  Most definitely, 100% yes.  There is absolutely no pass rush and stud CB Byron Jones hurt his groin in the 1st quarter.  This led to Allen being able to sit comfortably in the pocket all day long and pick on the backup CBs in Nik Needham and rookie Noah Igbinoghene.  The front 7 has exactly one player that is playing even average football right now, and that's Christian Wilkins, who can simply be double-teamed every play and erased from the equation.  Everyone keeps talking about the Fins needing to add weapons for Tua early in the 2021 draft, but anybody who has watched them is pounding the table for Micah Parsons and for Rousseau to fall to the Texans pick.  

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

Disagree.  I saw him make similar and even more exceptional passes in college.  Its why I was so high on him before the 2018 draft.  Most people never watched him in college and just went by his stats.  Its what led to this myth that he's some super inaccurate QB. 

Josh Allen didn't just become elite in an off-season.  Just as Lamar Jackson didn't become MVP caliber last off-season.  Both guys had that ability from the jump.  It just took the situation being right for the stat sheet to catch up to their ability. 

He maybe made some wow throws in college but that was all arm and not touch. The touch he showed yesterday has not been there. 

You're right he didn't become elite over night. He still isn't. He has improved every year both statistically and the "eye test" but there are still concerns. He needs to string more than two games together to be mentioned with the current "elites". I never doubted Allens ability. It was often said before the draft if he puts it all together he could easily be the best QB of the draft. But he hadn't shown it yet. Glimpses? Sure. The situation was right last year. The offense is the exact same except for the addition of Diggs. Allen missed wide open guys a lot last year. Especially down field. So the stats are catching up to his ability? No. He worked all off-season on his deep ball and throwing mechanics and the Bills added one of the best deep ball players in the game today. That's why there has been a jump. Because he has continued to work on it...it has not always been there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Breesus mode said:

You thumped your chest, be prepared for people to point out you're showing your ***. Yes, they are

I never complain when people get on me about Dobbs (for example).  Every chance they get to take that shot I let them.  You've also never seen me complain when any of my other takes that have not panned out get attacked.  I also never disappear or ghost when called out. 

So you don't gotta worry about me.  I'm big boy.  I can take the heat.  The better question is are ya'll ever gonna give me credit for being 100% right on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson when they were the most criticized QBs in the 2018 draft?

• Like 1

Just now, VanS said:

I never complain when people get on me about Dobbs (for example).  Every chance they get to take that shot I let them.  You've also never seen me complain when any of my other takes that have not panned out get attacked.  I also never disappear or ghost when called out. 

So you don't gotta worry about me.  I'm big boy.  I can take the heat.  The better question is are ya'll ever gonna give me credit for being 100% right on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson when they were the most criticized QBs in the 2018 draft?

You could be right 100% of the time and nobody would give you credit for anything because of how obnoxious you are

17 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

He maybe made some wow throws in college but that was all arm and not touch. The touch he showed yesterday has not been there. 

You're right he didn't become elite over night. He still isn't. He has improved every year both statistically and the "eye test" but there are still concerns. He needs to string more than two games together to be mentioned with the current "elites". I never doubted Allens ability. It was often said before the draft if he puts it all together he could easily be the best QB of the draft. But he hadn't shown it yet. Glimpses? Sure. The situation was right last year. The offense is the exact same except for the addition of Diggs. Allen missed wide open guys a lot last year. Especially down field. So the stats are catching up to his ability? No. He worked all off-season on his deep ball and throwing mechanics and the Bills added one of the best deep ball players in the game today. That's why there has been a jump. Because he has continued to work on it...it has not always been there. 

Alot of times people see what they wanna see.  I saw Patrick Mahomes make a lot of terribly inaccurate passes yesterday that if they were made by Josh Allen would be all over social media for days.  You claim Allen missed a lot of passes last year.  I don't disagree.  But so do a lot of QBs.  Its what boggles my mind about the Josh Allen criticism.  He's no more prone for wildly inaccurate passes as any other QB.  I think people just find what they are looking for.  Especially when the stat sheet supports it.  He got the tag for being inaccurate coming out of college because of the low completion percentage ala Lamar Jackson.  And people have been looking to confirm this preconception about him ever since.

What I try to do is separate the stat sheet from what I see during the game.  For example, I'm not any higher on Josh Allen right now than I was last year or as a rookie.  He just has the supporting cast now to make his stats look good.  He didn't improve as much as you are implying.  I saw everything he's doing right now in college and as a rookie. 

Edited by VanS

16 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

You could be right 100% of the time and nobody would give you credit for anything because of how obnoxious you are

That's fine with me.  I honestly don't look for acknowledgment.  The truth is self-evident whether we choose to acknowledge it.  I just think that if you criticize someone when they are wrong, you should admit when they are right.  Or at the very least be like me and stick to your guns during the hard times rather than just disappearing and waiting for a later time to say I told you so.

11 minutes ago, VanS said:

He just has the supporting cast now to make hus stats look good.  He didn't improve as much as you are implying.  I saw everything he's doing right now in college and as a rookie. 

You mean Diggs? Because his supporting cast is the exact same as last season.

And yes, he really has improved that much. He himself has says this multiple times. There is video evidence of it with his throwing motion and the work he did with Palmer in Cali during quarantine. 

• Like 1

Just now, VanS said:

That's fine with me.  I honestly don't look for acknowledgment.  The truth is self-evident whether we choose to acknowledge it.  I just think that if you criticize someone when they are wrong, you should admit when they are right.  Or at the very least be like me and stick to your guns during the hard times rather than just disappearing and waiting for a later time to say I told you so.

22 minutes ago, VanS said:

Hmmmm

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

You mean Diggs? Because his supporting cast is the exact same as last season.

And yes, he really has improved that much. He himself has says this multiple times. There is video evidence of it with his throwing motion and the work he did with Palmer in Cali during quarantine. 

Don't forget Gabriel Davis and Zack Moss.  Both look like stud rookies.  Also by adding Diggs it has allowed John Brown to be better cause now he gets to matchup with the #2 corners rather than the #1s.  Its a cascade effect.

FTR I'm not saying he didn't improve.  He just didn't improve that much.  The improvements around him are the much bigger deal.  Players only make marginal improvements year to year in their skill set.  Huge jumps or decreases in stats are the byproduct of the situation changing and not the individual player's actual skill set.

6 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Hmmmm

Hmmm what?  I clearly explained it in my post.  I don't care if you totally ignore my takes.  But if you are one of those people that likes to bring up Josh Dobbs everytime I post (which for the record I have no problem with) then you probably should also mention my evaluations on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson as well.  My issue is with balance not acknowledgment.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VanS said:

Don't forget Gabriel Davis and Zack Moss.  Both look like stud rookies.  Also by adding Diggs it has allowed John Brown to be better cause now he gets to matchup with the #2 corners rather than the #1s.  Its a cascade effect.

Davis with his 3 catches for 22 yards looks like a stud? His TD catch was awesome but slow your roll. Give the stats time to catch up to his ability.

Moss has looked anything but a stud. Avg 2.8 yards a carry and just 3 catches in 2 games. Singletary is still the better back. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VanS said:

Hmmm what?  I clearly explained it in my post.  I don't care if you totally ignore my takes.  But if you are one of those people that likes to bring up Josh Dobbs everytime I post (which for the record I have no problem with) then you probably should also mention my evaluations on Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson as well.  My issue is with balance not acknowledgment.  

So, you don't want acknowledgement, but you want acknowledgement? Okay

• Like 2