Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

1 hour ago, August4th said:

seeing Allen improve

You see I don't think its about him improving as much as the pieces around him finally becoming adequate enough for his true talents to shine through.  Go back and look at his WRs during his rookie years.  Even last year, the Bills had arguably the weakest skill position talent on any playoff team.  

Josh Allen simply has weapons around him now and he's showing us the ability he always had.  I was high on him from the moment he was drafted because I didn't see the flaws others saw in him.  You don't go from being allegedly "inaccurate" to being on a list with Brady, Manning, and Mahomes thru two weeks over an off-season.  You either had it all along or you didn't. 

Josh Allen was a stud the moment he entered the league.  The stat sheet is simply catching up to his talent now. 

Just to be perfectly clear here, even if Josh Allen is elite all season this year, that does not make this thread, at the time it was posted, correct.

If I walk outside today, in 75 degree September weather, and say, hey look, it's snowing, I don't get to come back in December to say see, I was right all along, it was always snowing, you just couldn't tell until now.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Just to be perfectly clear here, even if Josh Allen is elite all season this year, that does not make this thread, at the time it was posted, correct.

If I walk outside today, in 75 degree September weather, and say, hey look, it's snowing, I don't get to come back in December to say see, I was right all along, it was always snowing, you just couldn't tell until now.

200.gif

2 hours ago, VanS said:

You see I don't think its about him improving as much as the pieces around him finally becoming adequate enough for his true talents to shine through.  Go back and look at his WRs during his rookie years.  Even last year, the Bills had arguably the weakest skill position talent on any playoff team.  

Josh Allen simply has weapons around him now and he's showing us the ability he always had.  I was high on him from the moment he was drafted because I didn't see the flaws others saw in him.  You don't go from being allegedly "inaccurate" to being on a list with Brady, Manning, and Mahomes thru two weeks over an off-season.  You either had it all along or you didn't. 

Josh Allen was a stud the moment he entered the league.  The stat sheet is simply catching up to his talent now. 

While his rookie year he was surrounded by absolute trash at WR, he was making throws yesterday with touch that he has never shown, at any level before this season. His weapons are better, but don't act like the Josh from yesterday also existed in 2018 or even most of 19.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

While his rookie year he was surrounded by absolute trash at WR, he was making throws yesterday with touch that he has never shown, at any level before this season. His weapons are better, but don't act like the Josh from yesterday also existed in 2018 or even most of 19.

This is an unbiased fan. I applaud you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VanS said:

hungry cookie monster GIF

31 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Why not?  You one of these stat nerds that thinks elite players are only elite in the box score?

Right now Kyler Murray is an ELITE QB.  His passing stats might not show it but he's playing some of the best ball in the league.  The box score will soon catch up.  That's all that is happening with Josh Allen.  The Bills finally gave him some weapons and protection and the box score is catching up to the ability he's had since his rookie year.

I was able to see Allen's elite talent the last 2 years despite middling box score numbers cause I took into account his lack of weapons.  He was this good laat year as well.  He just has the horses on his side now to show it on the stat sheet. 

30 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Allen has beaten 2 terrible teams so of course this thread gets bumped.

So nobody else ever plays against bad teams?  And FTR are we sure the Dolphins are terrible defensively?  Cam Newton seemed to have a much easier time against the Seahawks pass defense than the Dolphins.

If you think Josh Allen is not good then just say it and we'll see over time if you are right.  Otherwise just give credit where its due.  He's playing MVP caliber ball right now.

5 minutes ago, VanS said:

Why not?  You one of these stat nerds that thinks elite players are only elite in the box score?

Right now Kyler Murray is an ELITE QB.  His passing stats might not show it but he's playing some of the best ball in the league.  The box score will soon catch up.  That's all that is happening with Josh Allen.  The Bills finally gave him some weapons and protection and the box score is catching up to the ability he's had since his rookie year.

I was able to see Allen's elite talent the last 2 years despite middling box score numbers cause I took into account his lack of weapons.  He was this good laat year as well.  He just has the horses on his side now to show it on the stat sheet. 

great british bake off pat on the back GIF by BBC

10 minutes ago, VanS said:

I was able to see Allen's elite talent the last 2 years despite middling box score numbers cause I took into account his lack of weapons.  He was this good laat year as well.  He just has the horses on his side now to show it on the stat sheet. 

No, I just understand that players improve over time in the league. Allen has improved. He has not always been this good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

he was making throws yesterday with touch that he has never shown, at any level before this season.

Disagree.  I saw him make similar and even more exceptional passes in college.  Its why I was so high on him before the 2018 draft.  Most people never watched him in college and just went by his stats.  Its what led to this myth that he's some super inaccurate QB. 

Josh Allen didn't just become elite in an off-season.  Just as Lamar Jackson didn't become MVP caliber last off-season.  Both guys had that ability from the jump.  It just took the situation being right for the stat sheet to catch up to their ability. 

11 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

No, I just understand that players improve over time in the league. Allen has improved. He has not always been this good.

Players improve no doubt.  But do they go from below average to MVP caliber in an off-season?  Or is the truth somewhere inbetween?

All I'm saying is Josh Allen has been a lot better than the statistics have suggested his first 2 years in the league.  He finally has a decent supporting cast this year and the numbers are catching up to the ability he always had.