Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Davis with his 3 catches for 22 yards looks like a stud? His TD catch was awesome but slow your roll. Give the stats time to catch up to his ability.

Moss has looked anything but a stud. Avg 2.8 yards a carry and just 3 catches in 2 games. Singletary is still the better back. 

I said Josh Allen was a stud in 2018 when his stats were piss poor.  I don't wait for the numbers to catch up with the ability.  I call it like I see it and I think both Davis and Moss are studs.  I liked Moss before the draft.  And while I never watched Davis before the draft he immediately stood out to me while I was watching Buffalo Bills camp highlights.  I saw him catch a few deep balls from Josh Allen and remember saying "who the hell is #13".  Looked up his info on the internet and been buying the hype on him ever since.

5 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

20a838a83eba89afd76ba83accdbdf49.gif

Taking this back to our long running debate from a month ago, so did Josh Allen go from below average to superstar overnight?  Or did the pieces around him improve so that the stat sheet now matches the talent he always had?

A month ago it was a hypothetical.  Now we're seeing it in real time.  So I'm interested to see exactly how you explain this. 

Edited by VanS

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Like how dumb is this?  

I don't see anything Josh Allen has done so far in order to label him as elite.  

And, you have to love the comparisons to Big Ben.  

Yeah, I didn't see him going 13-0 as a rookie.  

2 games in he's putting up numbers only matched by Manning, Brady, and Mahomes.  If that ain't elite, I don't know what is.

9 minutes ago, VanS said:

Taking this back to our long running debate from a month ago, so did Josh Allen go from below average to superstar overnight?  Or did the pieces around him improve so that the stat sheet now matches the talent he always had?

A month ago it was a hypothetical.  Now we're seeing it in real time.  So I'm interested to see exactly how you explain this. 

tumblr_inline_mojlwpZ9n31qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

I don't care about likes, but you need to acknowledge how much I dunked on Vans ;)

We've moved on to wrestling finishers, but I'll get one in...

21 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

Allen has beaten 2 terrible teams so of course this thread gets bumped.

michael jordan dunk GIF by NBA

• Like 1

20 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Yes.  Most definitely, 100% yes.  There is absolutely no pass rush and stud CB Byron Jones hurt his groin in the 1st quarter.  This led to Allen being able to sit comfortably in the pocket all day long and pick on the backup CBs in Nik Needham and rookie Noah Igbinoghene.  The front 7 has exactly one player that is playing even average football right now, and that's Christian Wilkins, who can simply be double-teamed every play and erased from the equation.  Everyone keeps talking about the Fins needing to add weapons for Tua early in the 2021 draft, but anybody who has watched them is pounding the table for Micah Parsons and for Rousseau to fall to the Texans pick.  

the rock wrestling GIF by WWE

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

He maybe made some wow throws in college but that was all arm and not touch. The touch he showed yesterday has not been there. 

You're right he didn't become elite over night. He still isn't. He has improved every year both statistically and the "eye test" but there are still concerns. He needs to string more than two games together to be mentioned with the current "elites". I never doubted Allens ability. It was often said before the draft if he puts it all together he could easily be the best QB of the draft. But he hadn't shown it yet. Glimpses? Sure. The situation was right last year. The offense is the exact same except for the addition of Diggs. Allen missed wide open guys a lot last year. Especially down field. So the stats are catching up to his ability? No. He worked all off-season on his deep ball and throwing mechanics and the Bills added one of the best deep ball players in the game today. That's why there has been a jump. Because he has continued to work on it...it has not always been there. 

200.gif

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Davis with his 3 catches for 22 yards looks like a stud? His TD catch was awesome but slow your roll. Give the stats time to catch up to his ability.

Moss has looked anything but a stud. Avg 2.8 yards a carry and just 3 catches in 2 games. Singletary is still the better back. 

wrestlemania iii wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 1