Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

I love his game, I don't think he's ever really going to hone in his accuracy and anticipation enough to be elite.  I think he's gotten the benefit of playing some pretty bad defenses.  He hasn't thrown for over 300 yards yet this season.

This means very little because I'm a Browns fan, but I think Baker has a better chance of getting his stuff together over the long term than Allen does.

Jackson obviously has been the best QB in that draft, but a lot of props has to be given to the Ravens for gearing their entire offense to his game.  I think if he would have been drafted by a team in the top 5 with an unstable coaching staff around him we would be getting robbed of his full godliness.

don't need to throw for 300 yards when you're getting 200 yards through the ground. and that's false he threw for 300 against the dolphins would easily be 400 if we didn't pull him

1 minute ago, RavensDefense3 said:

don't need to throw for 300 yards when you're getting 200 yards through the ground. and that's false he threw for 300 against the dolphins would easily be 400 if we didn't pull him

This is a Josh Allen thread. I know you could probably close your eyes, click a thread, and 50/50 it’d be a Lamar Jackson topic - but this one ain’t. 

17 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

oh i see you're mad the ravens are still averaging 200 yards rushing.

The guy you responded to was talking about Josh Allen. Who not only hasn’t had a 300 yard passing game, but also is closer to 200 yards rushing on his season than he is averaging that per game. So either you thought he was referencing your quarterback (which is odd, since the title of the thread literally says Josh Allen) or you just have your facts mixed up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

To be fair there was no reason for me to bring Lamar or Baker up in the first place lol

Shrug. I mean, others were comparing QBs across the board and at least one guy brought up that draft class, so Baker and Lamar fit there. 

But given the state of things around here, it’s pretty funny how that one got misconstrued.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

Shrug. I mean, others were comparing QBs across the board and at least one guy brought up that draft class, so Baker and Lamar fit there. 

But given the state of things around here, it’s pretty funny how that one got misconstrued.

Yeah the first Ravens fan in the thread posted that Josh Allen was the second best QB in the class by a wide margin I think that's what got my gears turning there lol.

Which I think is a ridiculous statement btw, I can see how you can think Allen is better but a wide margin is just trolling.

• Like 2

I feel like there's a high probability that Josh Allen and the Bills are a complete anomaly this season.  I don't want to hate, but I can't imagine them winning a playoff game.  I can't imagine them being anywhere near as good next year.

Josh Allen somehow recovering that fumble and not only getting the first down but gaining like 4 yards is their entire existence in a nutshell.

Edited by Rod Johnson

Josh Allen's season in a nutshell:

Against teams that currently have 3 or less wins:

6 games (6-0)

108/170 63.5% 1299 7.6 YPA 10 TDs 2 Ints 101.6 PR

Against teams that currently have 4 to 6 wins:

5 games (3-2)

104/168 61.9% 1139 6.8 YPA 6 TDs 3 Ints 86.4 PR

Against teams that currently have 7 or more wins:

1 game (0-1)

13/28 46.4% 153 5.5 YPA 0 TDs 3 Ints 24.0 PR

He's played a ridiculously soft schedule and feasted on the bad portions of it. It would be a kindness to call Josh Allen average.

• Like 4