Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Until he gets paid that second contract and the Bills can't afford to put a good team around him like literally every other QB not married to a billionaire supermodel and thus does not care about money.  Bills have a two year window starting next year (only because it's almost impossible to win a Super Bowl in a quarterback's first year of playoff experience). 

3 year window technically!!!

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Only Lamar Jackson is playing better right now? Where do you come up with this stuff 

According to the tweet posted by ESPN, since Week 5 Josh Allen is second only to Lamar Jackson in total TDs (passing and rushing).  That is why I said only Lamar Jackson is playing better RIGHT NOW. 

He still has a way to go as a passer but I’m not sure the Ravens would not be 9-2 with Josh Allen starting in Baltimore. Heck, he’s got perennial door mat Buffalo to 9-3.

He sure did a better job at playing QB today than Dak did.

I am not saying I would take Allen over Jackson ( no way) or that Allen would even be in the race for MVP ( he would not) as Ravens QB. I am saying he is becoming a dangerous dual threat QB and he is doing what it takes to win games.

He is developing nicely as a raw talent and winning already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VanS said:

According to the tweet posted by ESPN, since Week 5 Josh Allen is second only to Lamar Jackson in total TDs (passing and rushing).  That is why I said only Lamar Jackson is playing better RIGHT NOW. 

Are TDs accounted for all that matter?

• Like 1

He is playing well. He is improving and his hero ball days appear to be a thing of the past. At least for now.

He's got a HC and GM who aren't going anywhere (gone in two years? what a terrible take) and young cornerstone pieces on D that help bail out the O.

He is far from elite but there is no denying his intangibles and ability to take over games.

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Until he gets paid that second contract and the Bills can't afford to put a good team around him like literally every other QB not married to a billionaire supermodel and thus does not care about money.  Bills have a two year window starting next year (only because it's almost impossible to win a Super Bowl in a quarterback's first year of playoff experience). 

Josh Allen has the talent to carry a team.  He's not one of these fugazi QBs who look good in the short term because of the talent around them when they're not getting paid much.  Bills right now don't have much around him and he's only getting better.

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Josh Allen has the talent to carry a team.  He's not one of these fugazi QBs who look good in the short term because of the talent around them when they're not getting paid much.  Bills right now don't have much around him and he's only getting better.

Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson.  Both also talented, both also could not do that on teams devoid of talent.

Just now, VanS said:

No.  Him carrying that offense and leading his team to a 9-3 record also matters. 

But you said you were basing him being 2nd best on that tweet.

Wilson is also carrying his offense and has his team 9-2. And the offense is better. What makes Allen better than Wilson?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson.  Both also talented, both also could not do that on teams devoid of talent.

True.  But who said once you pay your franchise QB you become "devoid" of talent?  Seahawks and Packers look pretty good to me this season while having 2 of the highest paid QBs in the league.

Josh Allen can carry a franchise like Rodgers and Wilson. 

2 hours ago, VanS said:

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1200226156798185473

Only Lamar Jackson is playing better right now.  Not bad for the two QBs in the 2018 draft most people thought didn't have the "accuracy" to succeed in the NFL.

What? How can you say only Lamar Jackson is playing better right now? I Can think of atleast 2-3 other QBs itself who are playing better than Josh Allen currently