Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

8 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

He hasn't thrown for over 300 yards yet this season.

I'm confused as to why this holds any significance?  His team is 9-3.  Just look at the Cowboys game.  He goes 19-24 for around 230 yards.  His team was ahead most of the game and thus his team stayed balanced, controlled the clock, and won the game.  If he threw it 49 times like Dak yesterday he easily gets 400+ yards.

The purpose of the game is to win.  Not to throw for a lot of yards.

2 minutes ago, VanS said:

I'm confused as to why this holds any significance?  His team is 9-3.  Just look at the Cowboys game.  He goes 19-24 for around 230 yards.  His team was ahead most of the game and thus his team stayed balanced, controlled the clock, and won the game.  If he threw it 49 times like Dak yesterday he easily gets 400+ yards.

The purpose of the game is to win.  Not to throw for a lot of yards.

Wins isn’t a QB stat.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, VanS said:

I'm confused as to why this holds any significance?  His team is 9-3.  Just look at the Cowboys game.  He goes 19-24 for around 230 yards.  His team was ahead most of the game and thus his team stayed balanced, controlled the clock, and won the game. 

That's all you need to be elite these days?

He's fun to watch, that's for sure. Seems to fit that team and city's identity and attitude to a T. 

He's clearly not top tier yet, but the talent is there and he's shown an ability to improve - just look at the way he improved his shorter/intermediate accuracy between year 1 and 2 - so I wouldn't bet against him getting there eventually. I don't know what more he could be doing this year to have people be happy with him - he's growing/developing just like you'd want your 2nd year QB to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eagles23 said:

The point is game script affected his passing yards. He was playing with a lead and passed less. Him not throwing for 300 yards shouldnt count against him.

When you have a great defense like the Bills, all you need is your QB to play to not lose knowing that they aren't going to give up many points.  Allen is far from carrying them.  The Bills have one of the better OLs in football, most of the game I saw him getting TONS of cushy clean pockets. When he was rushed he looked lost, he didn't know where to move. But when the pocket was huge and gave him all day to throw a 5-10 yard pass he was efficient.  

The Bills built a solid team, strong defense, strong OL, strong run game and a couple consistent WRs. Also the Bills have barely been hit by injuries. They had literally no adversity this season, playing a soft schedule.  

Allen is not elite. His passing game is far from a elite level. 

2 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

The point is game script affected his passing yards. He was playing with a lead and passed less. Him not throwing for 300 yards shouldnt count against him.

I get that. But with the timing of this thread it makes it seem like yesterdays win was some validation that Josh Allen is elite. When in reality he did exactly what his stats indicate; he managed the game extremely well. There was nothing about yesterdays performance that screamed elite.

• Like 1

The hyperbole in this thread swings both ways.

Jets fans and guys who graded him poorly or just flat out didn't like him for reasons X,Y,Z will always find a reason to discredit him.

On the other side, some have attached themselves to this idea that Allen can be Mahomes or whatever and they'll never see anything wrong with what Allen has done.

Yesterday was Josh Allen's 24th NFL game:

First 8: 52.88 cmp%, 1223 yards, 9 total TD (pass/rush), 7 INT

Next 8: 56.54%, 1754 yards, 15 total TD, 11 INT

Last 8 (since NE game this year):
62.1%, 1688 yards, 18 total TD, 2 INT

Regardless of who he has played, you want to see growth, he's shown it.

• Like 2