Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

4 minutes ago, VanS said:

True.  But who said once you pay your franchise QB you become "devoid" of talent?  Seahawks and Packers look pretty good to me this season while having 2 of the highest paid QBs in the league.

Josh Allen can carry a franchise like Rodgers and Wilson. 

I hope you’re right and I don’t have a horse in this race.  If I did, it would be the Bills and Josh Allen.  I always root for teams that suck to turn it around.  Wilson and the Seahawks were pretenders for like 3 years.  The Packers completely imploded.  No QB has ever won a Super Bowl paid 13% of the cap or higher.  It’s the ultimate team sport, and it’s nearly impossible to win when 13% of 53 players is at one position.

• Like 1

Elite is not a fair word to use at this time

Elite means Patrick Mahomes.

Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson have earned their names to be included in the list of elite young QBs, but that is the end of the list.

Of the OTHER young starting QBs of the 2017/18/19 drafts - ie Trubisky/Baker/Darnold/Allen/Rosen/Rudolph/Kyler/Jones/Haskins - I'm choosing Allen as the player who is playing the best right now AND the player with the highest potential.

To several other's point - Allen deserves many apologies for not getting the respect he deserves... But among those draft classes, he does not belong in the same discussion as Mahomes, Lamar, or Deshaun

• Like 3

I love his game, I don't think he's ever really going to hone in his accuracy and anticipation enough to be elite.  I think he's gotten the benefit of playing some pretty bad defenses.  He hasn't thrown for over 300 yards yet this season.

This means very little because I'm a Browns fan, but I think Baker has a better chance of getting his stuff together over the long term than Allen does.

Jackson obviously has been the best QB in that draft, but a lot of props has to be given to the Ravens for gearing their entire offense to his game.  I think if he would have been drafted by a team in the top 5 with an unstable coaching staff around him we would be getting robbed of his full godliness.

• Like 1