Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

34 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Right cause nothing else matters besides total TD's, good point. Jameis having a helluva season using that logic!

Josh Allen has only thrown 2 INTs in that span.  So he isn't the turnover machine Jameis is.

Take away the turnovers and Jameis would be an elite QB.  But obviously that's a big if.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

People who say Allen is elite right now and people saying he is being carried by a great team are both equally stupid.

Yup - People will always force a narrative to validate their opinion.

Allen is a promising young player, he's proved a lot of critics wrong and appears to have the mentality of a guy you want to build around. Elite? Playing better than everyone besides Lamar? C'mon, that's where you lose credibility. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Counselor said:

This isn’t about Goff.

I know.  But @jrry32was defending Goff not too long ago acting like he was still a good QB.  And now he's saying it would be kind to call Josh Allen average.  I'm just wondering how someone can defend Goff as a quality QB but disregard Allen?  Unless you're just being a homer it makes no sense.

12 minutes ago, VanS said:

Winning has always been the barometer of judging who is elite in sports.  Especially at the QB position. 

And yet you thought Josh Dobbs was the best thing since sliced bread.

And you started this thread based on stats (total TDs since week 5) not wins.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, VanS said:

I'm seeing a pattern here.  Jets, Browns, and Rams fans hating on Allen.  Sounds to me like yall are jealous he ain't your QB.

Nope, if Allen was on the jets hed have a 70 qb rating and would be leading the league in ints. 

He would be asked to carry a bad team with the worst ol, no run game, not a great defense and a questionable hc.

Darnold is a better qb without question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VanS said:

Josh Allen has only thrown 2 INTs in that span.  So he isn't the turnover machine Jameis is.

Take away the turnovers and Jameis would be an elite QB.  But obviously that's a big if.

Claiming Josh Allen is playing better than anyone besides Jackson is either an incredibly lazy or naive take possibly both. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, VanS said:

But it is the purpose of the day.  If the Bills are winning this way why change it?

This ain't fantasy football.  I could care less what stats my QB puts up as long as we win.

The Bills are winning because of their defense, not Josh Allen - a game manager that can run.

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

That's fine, but don't try to say a player is elite who isn't. They are winning do the team is fine, but you are talking about individual evaluations so pointing out that wins are not a individual stat isn't wrong. 

He is elite because he's producing with almost no talent around him on the offensive side of the ball.  As I said earlier, the Bills have by far the worst skill position players of any current playoff team.  The fact they are even scoring as much as they are right now is a testament to Josh Allen's talent.

The Bills need to get him as true #1 WR.

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

He's 14-9 as a starter in the NFL, and he's 16-11 as a starter at Wyoming.

That's an elite winning percentage to you?

You really gonna try and include his rookie year?  Talk about reaching.

In Year 2 he's 9-3 and leading a team few expected to make the playoffs.  I call that elite. 

11 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Nope, if Allen was on the jets hed have a 70 qb rating and would be leading the league in ints. 

He would be asked to carry a bad team with the worst ol, no run game, not a great defense and a questionable hc.

Darnold is a better qb without question.

LOL.

As I thought.  You're just a homer who is mad your team picked the wrong guy in the draft. 

Darnold will eventually be good.  But Josh Allen will always be better.  He simply more talented.