Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like it's Kyle's thing to maybe try and take on up and comers as well. Wouldn't be at all shocked if we went that route of grabbing someone who hadn't done it before. I think Kyle takes a lot of pride in that stuff. 

I think he likes coupling experienced guys with up and coming coaches. So i can totally see us hiring someone who has at most been a assistant. In terms of conservative i am more looking at the on field stuff where he prefers to get 5 yards everytime over 10 one time and getting nothing the next.

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dennis Allen getting hired for the saints means that EB is now 0-15 getting a head coach job for 14 different teams

Surprised I haven’t seen people clamoring for us to sign him yet.

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-offensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-s-contract-expiring

I don’t think he’d want to come here based on the fact he wouldn’t be calling plays, but I fully expected someone to bring this up.

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-offensive-coordinator-eric-bieniemy-s-contract-expiring

I don’t think he’d want to come here based on the fact he wouldn’t be calling plays, but I fully expected someone to bring this up.

I've seen it on twitter. But if he leaves the chiefs it be for a chance to lead the offense and call plays. His best bet might just be to reup with the chiefs and wait out Andy Reid. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I believe he should leave, but probably not this year at this point. He needs to get out of Reid's shadow...that would be huge in getting his foot in the door a little more. But you can't set yourself up to fail by going to a team like the Giants (I know that they already named an OC, but I was just using them as an example). 

So at this point, I think the Jags and Houston need an OC. The Lions and Giants have already filled them. He's not going to call plays in Miami, so that is probably a dead option. Hackett is going to call plays in Denver, so that was dead from the start. 

Honestly, New Orleans would have been pretty interesting, but may be weird to go work for the guy you just lost the job to. 

I'd sign a one year extension and see what opens up next year. I could very easily see a guy like Ken Dorsey get a head coaching job right from jump after a successful year with Josh Allen. 

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

I believe he should leave, but probably not this year at this point. He needs to get out of Reid's shadow...that would be huge in getting his foot in the door a little more. But you can't set yourself up to fail by going to a team like the Giants (I know that they already named an OC, but I was just using them as an example). 

So at this point, I think the Jags and Houston need an OC. The Lions and Giants have already filled them. He's not going to call plays in Miami, so that is probably a dead option. Hackett is going to call plays in Denver, so that was dead from the start. 

Honestly, New Orleans would have been pretty interesting, but may be weird to go work for the guy you just lost the job to. 

I'd sign a one year extension and see what opens up next year. I could very easily see a guy like Ken Dorsey get a head coaching job right from jump after a successful year with Josh Allen. 

Did Pederson and EB overlap in KC? It feels like they probably did. That might be an option that makes sense if he really wanted to move on. That team doesn’t seem like it’s a long ways off from being able to compete and could build up his profile. Reich called plays when he and Pederson were together right? If that’s the case then I don’t know that he’d have issues letting EB call plays in Jacksonville. 

12 hours ago, Dutchson said:

Maybe EB is a poor interview? He seems deserving, but who knows.

With this kind of stuff, fans are completely out of the loop on. But, it definitely feels like EB just isn't a good HC candidate. People are blasting NFL teams on Twitter for "passing up" EB who is a guy that "deserves" a HC job. Maybe he's not. Maybe he comes unprepared to interviews? Maybe he acts like his sh*t doesn't stink in interviews? Who knows.

There is so much that is kept from fans and the media within the NFL. We see it every year with the draft. There's a "can't miss" prospect that is a media darling but sinks like a rock on draft night and all of the pundits are scrambling to walk back or double down on their takes. Then, we find out after the draft that the prospect was a moron or alienated everyone who was around him. 

The EB situation feels like one of those situations that doesn't break the bubble that's around the NFL and gets to the outside world until after the fact. 

• Like 3