Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

There was a leak it was groundhogs and tomorrow is groundhog day. 

Groundhogs was pretty good. Redhogs would have been great. Commanders is too many syllables 

I kinda liked pigskins but I can see why they wouldnt want people calling them the skins lol 

I like just Hogs alone personally. 

14 hours ago, N4L said:

There was a leak it was groundhogs and tomorrow is groundhog day. 

Groundhogs was pretty good. Redhogs would have been great. Commanders is too many syllables 

I kinda liked pigskins but I can see why they wouldnt want people calling them the skins lol 

Commanders feels like the stock generic team name you're given when creating a team on Madden. It's a placeholder until you can come up with something better. Snyder went with the generic placeholder...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Commanders feels like the stock generic team name you're given when creating a team on Madden. It's a placeholder until you can come up with something better. Snyder went with the generic placeholder...

Honestly, if it was between the Commanders and WFT, I think they should have just stayed put. 

Just now, GW21 said:

Honestly, if it was between the Commanders and WFT, I think they should have just stayed put. 

Anytime I see WFT, my brain shows it to me as WTF. I can't unseen it. I liked the idea of Red Tails the best, but I don't really love any of the ideas I've seen. I hate their color scheme, too.

Honestly, I think I'd rather stick to the Native American theme and go with Warriors or something like that.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Anytime I see WFT, my brain shows it to me as WTF. I can't unseen it. I liked the idea of Red Tails the best, but I don't really love any of the ideas I've seen. I hate their color scheme, too.

Honestly, I think I'd rather stick to the Native American theme and go with Warriors or something like that.    

Have you seen them play? That might be the most accurate team name in history. 

I think they are trying to distance themselves as far away from any native american thing that they can, so I don't see Warriors as something they even considered, although that would have been a much better name than Commanders. 

I really liked Red Tails as well. Could have kept the R feather logo, which was quite nice. Plus, you could even put a Tuskeegee Airmen statue out front. Positive cultural associations! That didn't make any of the late cuts. Neither did the Hogs, where you could just have tusks as the major imagery and would also tie with the team's history.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

It really isn't a good look on Jackson here imo. Either he took the money and that's why they sucked or he was just an awful coach. I kind of think that he was just a crappy coach, but either way if they find out that either of these guys accepted money for losses, is it any better than the owner offering it? If any of this is true I feel like everyone involved should be banned. Pete Rose got booted out of baseball for less. 

• Like 2

Seems like this is the beginning of an uncovering of a bad scandal. I expect we will learn about more teams and coaches doing things like this. I REALLY hope Jed didn't do this during the Jim Tom and Chip years.

Considering the last second wins that happened, resulting in awful draft position, I’m inclined to say it didn’t.

will be interesting to see how the nfl rules on this, doubt they’ll be consistent in enforcement.

21 minutes ago, John232 said:

Considering the last second wins that happened, resulting in awful draft position, I’m inclined to say it didn’t.

will be interesting to see how the nfl rules on this, doubt they’ll be consistent in enforcement.

I have a feeling that Goodell is going to want to sweep as much of it under the rug as he can. Exposing owners and their devious ways is not something he's inclined to do. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GW21 said:

Have you seen them play? That might be the most accurate team name in history. 

I think they are trying to distance themselves as far away from any native american thing that they can, so I don't see Warriors as something they even considered, although that would have been a much better name than Commanders. 

I'm assuming that the Generals was not allowed. It would be rather apt.