Around the NFL III - The NFLiest Yet

y2lamanaki

Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Seahawks move to the CFL?

• Yes, be gone with them already.
    • No, I want see the Seahawks get beat down in the NFC West for years to come.
    • No, because then poor RudyZ might be stuck with them.
    • No, because I am a proud toothless member of the 12th Man which you all know means I became a fan in 2012. It's also the last year I took a shower, because my hygiene is lacking.

40 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Hmmm... I like Riddick. He doesn't ALWAYS know what he's talking about, but then....neither do I. I just hope he is more successful than the last talking head who took a GM job. 

I'm not entirely sure Mayock was a failure.. seems Luke Gruden took control of the early picks and left the rest to Mayock. They did a decent job in the later rounds IIRC

Edited by adamq

14 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I was just thinking about our free agents, and something popped up in my head :

Odds that Raheem Mostert signs with Miami? Over/under 95%?

Under. 

I think we re-sign him. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Under. 

I think we re-sign him. 

Same. I think the 49ers let him explore the market to see what he can get. I think he gets underwhelmed by the offers and he comes back to the Niners on a 1-yr deal between $1.5-$2mil.

I think his name carries weight in the open market, but ultimately, I think other teams won't want to commit a large contract to a 30-yr old RB coming off a torn ACL. 

He's more valuable to the 49ers than he is to other teams. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

Under. 

I think we re-sign him. 

I spent most of the year thinking we would. He loves this team. He stayed around the team all year, when he didn't really have to. He's the kind of guy who would sign a one year, prove it, deal. 

But all the players respect the hell out of McDaniel. Raheem is from South Florida, right? I could imagine McDaniel designing an offense on having lots of speed. I'm sure he'd love to have a play maker in the running game. 

2 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I was just thinking about our free agents, and something popped up in my head :

Odds that Raheem Mostert signs with Miami? Over/under 95%?

I mentioned this as well. I think this makes a lot of sense. McDaniels gets a guy to try help install his culture while Mostert gets a decent contract in his age 30 season, likely his last chance at a multi-year deal imo.  

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Under. 

I think we re-sign him. 

I hope not personally. Not that he's a bad player, but I think we can go cheaper at RB with Mitchell and Sermon on our roster. I know how you feel about Sermon, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him play a much bigger role next season. Mostert is going into his age 30 season and probably won't get another shot at a solid multi-year contract imo. Miami has a ton of room and can easily absorb a slight overpay to jump start their program.  

27 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I hope not personally. Not that he's a bad player, but I think we can go cheaper at RB with Mitchell and Sermon on our roster. I know how you feel about Sermon, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him play a much bigger role next season. Mostert is going into his age 30 season and probably won't get another shot at a solid multi-year contract imo. Miami has a ton of room and can easily absorb a slight overpay to jump start their program.  

The problem with Mitchell and Sermon is that you're almost locked into giving Deebo 8-10 carries a game because he is the only one with breakout ability. Neither Sermon or Mitchell are realistic break out threats.  I know that Kyle said there would be no change in how we use Deebo, but I think it's a pretty poor idea to consistently run him 8-10 times a game. 3-5? OKay, I think that can be fun. But 8-10 is really just asking for an injury. 

I think that it was very evident how much we missed him as the season wore on, especially since we really didn't balance out deebo in the backfield (IE, defenses were able to key in and tee off on him being in the backfield). 

I don't think Mostert is going to be able to get a solid multi year contract as it is. Wherever he goes, its probably going to be 1 or 2 year deal where the second year is basically a non guaranteed option. I think he's going to be a fairly cheap re-sign 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

The problem with Mitchell and Sermon is that you're almost locked into giving Deebo 8-10 carries a game because he is the only one with breakout ability. Neither Sermon or Mitchell are realistic break out threats.  I know that Kyle said there would be no change in how we use Deebo, but I think it's a pretty poor idea to consistently run him 8-10 times a game. 3-5? OKay, I think that can be fun. But 8-10 is really just asking for an injury. 

I think that it was very evident how much we missed him as the season wore on, especially since we really didn't balance out deebo in the backfield (IE, defenses were able to key in and tee off on him being in the backfield). 

I don't think Mostert is going to be able to get a solid multi year contract as it is. Wherever he goes, its probably going to be 1 or 2 year deal where the second year is basically a non guaranteed option. I think he's going to be a fairly cheap re-sign 

I definitely agree with us not relying on Deebo so much from the backfield. I could see someone like Miami who is familiar with Mostert overpaying, but that is just a feeling, so I have nothing to back that up with. I also still have faith in Sermon, which I know isn't common in these parts. Mitchell is not going to be the threat Mostert is as far as breaking of 80 yard house calls, but he's plenty explosive imo; he broke off a pretty crazy amount of 10+ yard carries this year, like top 10 in the NFL with far less carries than the other backs if I remember correctly.

I'm not opposed to bringing Mostert back as long as it doesn't prevent us from filling other needs. If you are right and it's a cheap re-sign, then I'm all for it.