Week 14 GDT - New Orleans Saints vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 hours ago, Forge said:

I have no idea what to expect from Staley at this point. Going back to preseason (where he was pretty rough), he's looked far more bad than good this year in my opinion. There's really a part of me that wants him to sit this game just so I can get a continued look at Brunskill to be perfectly honest. 

McG has looked much better in pass pro the last two weeks, so I think that is promising. I don't think that he's an elite pass protector by any stretch, but when he's on his game, he's just fine. 

Thanks for answering, but what I was wondering is this, and if people agree with my limited perception.

Do our OTs handle speed rushers or power rushers better? 

I would say that they struggle m

post fail

edit

that they struggle more with smaller speed guys cutting in and around.. so maybe they can handle these power Ends of the Saints better than most. 

?

Edited by oldman9er

27 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Thanks for answering, but what I was wondering is this, and if people agree with my limited perception.

Do our OTs handle speed rushers or power rushers better? 

I would say that they struggle m

post fail

edit

that they struggle more with smaller speed guys cutting in and around.. so maybe they can handle these power Ends of the Saints better than most. 

?

I think right now, its speed rushers but I would say speed rushers who do more than run the arc and have counters in their reptiore. Especially McG, who's not very athletic. I think they both anchor better than they can kick-step. Staley in his prime was pretty good against speed guys. But his definitely lost a step. And i would say they both struggle with guys who tie moves together...rip and spin or bullrush then arm-over. 

• Like 1

The 49ers are also expecting pass rusher Dee Ford to make his return Sunday after missing the past two games with a hamstring injury. Ford indicated he’s feeling good after practicing this week for the first time since sustaining the injury Nov. 17 while sacking Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray. He was a limited participant Wednesday and Thursday.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article238073084.html

We gonna have a lot of fun now.

200.webp?cid=790b761113f42ecb3dfed509d93

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Dee Ford is back?!? Please don't get hurt again. Would we have won Sunday if he was there? Perhaps a better chance to do so, but we'll never know. 

By all sounds, he's back, unless he suffers a practice setback. :) 

idk if we would have won, had he played. Our biggest fail, from what I observed, is 1) Jimmy stop fumbling the ball!!!! .. and 2) the young (or crappy) linebackers not named Warner refused to do anything but crash in on the RB, instead of finding the ball. ( oh, I wanted so to add a joke to that last one )

Also to reiterate, I found it incredulous that the Ravens ran 38 times, and no holding called once???? 

Now, u got me talking about that game again.  >:( GO stand in the corner, two minutes!

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

By all sounds, he's back, unless he suffers a practice setback. :) 

idk if we would have won, had he played. Our biggest fail, from what I observed, is 1) Jimmy stop fumbling the ball!!!! .. and 2) the young (or crappy) linebackers not named Warner refused to do anything but crash in on the RB, instead of finding the ball. ( oh, I wanted so to add a joke to that last one )

Also to reiterate, I found it incredulous that the Ravens ran 38 times, and no holding called once???? 

Now, u got me talking about that game again.  >:( GO stand in the corner, two minutes!

I think they missed a defensive holding/inference call on earl thomas on our 4th and 1 try? he literally took out Mostert on the play.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think they missed a defensive holding/inference call on earl thomas on our 4th and 

wouldn't surprise me. I drank too much to even remember the multiple roughing QB calls; bet that was shady too. 

I think the Ravens are a very strong team, and so are we.. but I do feel things were pushed to favor this outcome. Moving along though...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

wouldn't surprise me. I drank too much to even remember the multiple roughing QB calls; bet that was shady too. 

I think the Ravens are a very strong team, and so are we.. but I do feel things were pushed to favor this outcome. Moving along though...

it happens almost simultaneously with Jimmy releasing the ball. 

30 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

That was a perfect time to hit them with a screen smh

Not even slightly. Do you see the delayed blitz by the linebackers? Those guys would have sniffed it out easily. 

Screen on 4th down would have been much worse than what was called. 

• Like 1