REASONS FOR OPTIMISM-DEFENSE

TheOnlyThing

I dont read every thread so I apologize if this has been brought up but I found it interesting. GB has not lost a game this year in which the lead at any point in the 4th quarter.

We're the 27th scoring offense in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Kenrik

On 12/18/2019 at 1:25 PM, Kenrik said:

I dont read every thread so I apologize if this has been brought up but I found it interesting. GB has not lost a game this year in which the lead at any point in the 4th quarter.

We're the 27th scoring offense in the 4th quarter.

when you score the points is really not that important.

Not scoring points when you're up 8 or 10 and bleeding the clock out is a great way to be the 27th scoring offense.

Fact remains that this is a top 10 offense and a middle third defense.  The defense needs to improve if this is going to be a deep playoff run

54 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

when you score the points is really not that important.

Not scoring points when you're up 8 or 10 and bleeding the clock out is a great way to be the 27th scoring offense.

Fact remains that this is a top 10 offense and a middle third defense.  The defense needs to improve if this is going to be a deep playoff run

Except that's not a fact and actually completely backwards statistically.

We're 14th in PPG on offense and 9th in PPG on defense.

The GB offense is 14th in total points, 21st in yds per game, 17th in yards per play, and 6th in DVOA

The GB defense is 9th in total points, 23rd in yds per game, 24th in yds per play, and 17th in DVOA

Depending on your specific agenda, you can pretty much make the stats say whatever you want.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

The GB offense is 14th in total points, 21st in yds per game, 17th in yards per play, and 6th in DVOA

The GB defense is 9th in total points, 23rd in yds per game, 24th in yds per play, and 17th in DVOA

Depending on your specific agenda, you can pretty much make the stats say whatever you want.

Except DVOA already includes all of the other stats, and then adds in the adjustment for quality of opponent. The only "agenda" with using DVOA is "let's use the most comprehensive measure available".

39 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Except DVOA already includes all of the other stats, and then adds in the adjustment for quality of opponent. The only "agenda" with using DVOA is "let's use the most comprehensive measure available".

You sir have a disgusting agenda! Good day!

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

This sounds like something someone with an agenda would say.