Week 15 - News and Notes. Lets start off with a doozy

WizardHawk

16 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't want to hear that it takes longer for defensive tackles to adjust to the NFL. At this point Tristan Hill is a bust

I had to delete my response to this as I was upset. Of course Hill is a bust. Our top 2 draft picks from the 2019 draft have contributed zero. I pretty much lost it on draft day when the team drafted Trystan Hill over Juan Thornhill, as safety is our biggest weakness on defense and the team reached for a 3 tech DT for no reason. Derwin James, Earl Thomas, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Juan Thornhill, Taylor Rapp. Anyone of them would've helped the defense tremendously. 

Yet here we are with the same darn problem since Woodson retired.

Edited by Tony7188

I'd say the jury is still out on Hill. He's not a bust, yet and I was one of the biggest opponents to getting a DT unless it was a certain person that plays for the Titans now. 

I was so happy when Thornhill fell to our pick cause I was convinced he would be gone before the first was done. Then that happiness turned to bitterness when Hill was the pick, Hill was a desperation pick I can only imagine was another JG and Rod pick.

But again I am willing to wait on him to develop if someone can bring it out in him but current reports suggest this was a massive screw up on the drafting team. I mean say what you want about another 2nd rounder we drafted but he has a reputation stemming from college for busting his a$$ to make himself better and he has already left a good impression on his teammates. Thats what I want to see from Hill. 

5 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I had to delete my response to this as I was upset. Of course Hill is a bust. Our top 2 draft picks from the 2019 draft have contributed zero. I pretty much lost it on draft day when the team drafted Trystan Hill over Juan Thornhill, as safety is our biggest weakness on defense and the team reached for a 3 tech DT for no reason. Derwin James, Earl Thomas, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Juan Thornhill, Taylor Rapp. Anyone of them would've helped the defense tremendously. 

Yet here we are with the same darn problem since Woodson retired.

So, the guy hasn't even finished his first NFL season and he is a bust??? 

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m sorry, princess, but I expect a second round pick to actually play. 

I agree with this rational statement. You called the #58 pick a "bust of epic proportions" 14 games into his rookie season. Ryan Leaf was a bust of epic proportions. Even if Trysten Hill never plays another game, "epic proportions" is hyperbolic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:
9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m sorry, princess, but I expect a second round pick to actually play. 

I agree with this rational statement. You called the #58 pick a "bust of epic proportions" 14 games into his rookie season. Ryan Leaf was a bust of epic proportions. Even if Trysten Hill never plays another game, "epic proportions" is hyperbolic.

I agree and have stated many times that sports fans are some of the most dramatic people on the interwebz. Something like 75% of 2nd round players bust. So if Hill bust, he would fall into the "standard 2nd round pick" not "epic proportions".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I agree and have stated many times that sports fans are some of the most dramatic people on the interwebz. Something like 75% of 2nd round players bust. So if Hill bust, he would fall into the "standard 2nd round pick" not "epic proportions".

If he never gets on the field, that’s a bust of epic proportions. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

If Hill is a bust of "epic proportions" then what are Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell? 

I’ll give the kid the benefit of the doubt. He was pretty raw coming out of College. True Freshman he was a DE then his sophomore year a DT then had a falling out with coaching staff as a Junior (red flag??). Can’t remember what that falling out was about.

Seems like he needs time to learn a position. and stick to it. 

or maybe Coach Rod is having a hard time connecting with some of these younger DLineman (aka Taco).