2017-18 Offseason Talk

Glen

Just now, CWood21 said:

There's some rumbling the Lakers are angling to sign the trio of Westbrook, PG13, and LeBron.  Would take a ton of magic though.

How is signing all of those guys even possible?  I know it's hard to turn down a player of Westbrook's caliber, but I would not want him with LeBron and Ball on the team.

Just now, showtime said:

How is signing all of those guys even possible?  I know it's hard to turn down a player of Westbrook's caliber, but I would not want him with LeBron and Ball on the team.

I think if they are able to salary dump Clarkson/Deng by next offseason, they can sign all three of them to deals around $28.3M or something in that neighborhood.  Obviously, that would require them to take discounts but not sure it's totally out of the realm of possibilities.

I'm gonna be so freaking salty if/when the Lakers execute a horrid rebuild and executed their franchise as a complete joke for 6 years and then create a super team because Lakers. I will be salty and I don't care do not @ me I will not ever be reasonable about the Lakers 

18 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I'm gonna be so freaking salty if/when the Lakers execute a horrid rebuild and executed their franchise as a complete joke for 6 years and then create a super team because Lakers. I will be salty and I don't care do not @ me I will not ever be reasonable about the Lakers 

The history of the Lakers signing stars isn’t great. I don’t think there’s much to worry about with the lakers. Just the media hyping up one of the biggest makets for clickbait purposes. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The history of the Lakers signing stars isn’t great. I don’t think there’s much to worry about with the lakers. Just the media hyping up one of the biggest makets for clickbait purposes. 

It's a great free agent class and the Lakers are one of only a few teams that will have any cap room, and they are currently the only team that will be able to sign 2 max free agents.  That's a threat.  Anyone who wants to team up with someone else will have to look at the Lakers.

As CWood21 said, they will be able to sign 2 max's and another big money FA if they unload a contract or 2.

On 9/26/2017 at 11:14 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Listened to some Rose clips from media day yesterday. He finally seems at peace and happy for once. Good for him, hope he balls out.

You can tell all the injuries and his time in New York really humbled him. Glad he's at peace with where he is both in life and his career. Think he has a chance to really excel in Cleveland, barring injury. Might end up becoming a situation where Thomas becomes the super 6th man when he returns.

9 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

You can tell all the injuries and his time in New York really humbled him. Glad he's at peace with where he is both in life and his career. Think he has a chance to really excel in Cleveland, barring injury. Might end up becoming a situation where Thomas becomes the super 6th man when he returns.

Chris Haynes actually predicted that a few weeks ago. Would be interesting if that happens. Would suck for IT with this being a contract year, but if the team and Rose are playing well, Lue may elect to keep the current line up and bring IT off the bench. 

Archived