Xbox Series X

showtime

On 1/11/2021 at 6:31 AM, rob_shadows said:

Just depends on how much you care about performance (mainly graphically) if you want 4k gaming you want the x... If you don't care about 4k go with the s.

Thanks! I ended up getting the Series S. It arrives in approx 3 weeks 

I'm gona look for the best gamepass/ultimate/xbox live gold deals for Canada. I don't mind spending for the year or more upfront if it can save me money in the long run. Gota search it out...and excited to get gaming for the first time in a long while

9 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Thanks! I ended up getting the Series S. It arrives in approx 3 weeks 

I'm gona look for the best gamepass/ultimate/xbox live gold deals for Canada. I don't mind spending for the year or more upfront if it can save me money in the long run. Gota search it out...and excited to get gaming for the first time in a long while

Microsoft has a deal where you could buy Xbox Live Gold, and then convert it into Game Pass Ultimate for $1. Gold cost $60 for the year, Game Pass is $120.

So if you bought 2 years of gold for example:

2 Years Gold = $120.

2 Years of Game Pass on its own: $240

Then you pay $1 to convert to Game Pass and it's $121 for two years of Game Pass. Much cheaper, and you could do it for more or less time such as 1 year or 3 years if you wanted (I believe it caps out at 3 years).

Actually, you get Game Pass Ultimate with that upgrade which is pretty awesome. Includes it on PC and on mobile devices to stream games. Also includes EA All Access or whatever it's called.

• Like 1

I'm not going to lie man. When I first saw the Series S, I thought it was amazing and I was honestly hyped for it. However, now that the consoles have been out for a while, I would never recommend anyone get a Series S. The performance on games is lower than the Series X and you're forced into digital with the Series S.  Being forced into digital is not really that big of a deal, but the lower performance kind of is, imo.  It's like the Series S isn't really a "real" next gen console like the Series X is.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2021 at 12:11 AM, elevators_rule said:

Microsoft has a deal where you could buy Xbox Live Gold, and then convert it into Game Pass Ultimate for $1. Gold cost $60 for the year, Game Pass is $120.

So if you bought 2 years of gold for example:

2 Years Gold = $120.

2 Years of Game Pass on its own: $240

Then you pay $1 to convert to Game Pass and it's $121 for two years of Game Pass. Much cheaper, and you could do it for more or less time such as 1 year or 3 years if you wanted (I believe it caps out at 3 years).

Actually, you get Game Pass Ultimate with that upgrade which is pretty awesome. Includes it on PC and on mobile devices to stream games. Also includes EA All Access or whatever it's called.

Wow, thats an amazing deal....i'll definitely do that. Thanks for the tip!

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm not going to lie man. When I first saw the Series S, I thought it was amazing and I was honestly hyped for it. However, now that the consoles have been out for a while, I would never recommend anyone get a Series S. The performance on games is lower than the Series X and you're forced into digital with the Series S.  Being forced into digital is not really that big of a deal, but the lower performance kind of is, imo.  It's like the Series S isn't really a "real" next gen console like the Series X is.

My last console was a PS2 purchased in 2004. So its going to be a huge jump up for me in terms of graphics & performance. I do have a 4KTV but idk i i would notice the difference from the series S/X 

I love going digital and the whole gamepass concept. I'll probably have a few mainstays (Halo, Madden, etc) and cycle through others based on my mood. 

I'm googling the gamepass library and a few other games are catching my eye like Outer Worlds, Doom:Eternal, Battlefront, etc. Can't wait to get it and start playing!

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn, I was going to buy one yesterday and couldnt find it anywhere. Gamestop was supposed to get them, but no dice. 

I think I am going with the S for now. I will upgrade to the "pro" X when it comes out in a couple years.

Walmart has some but only the X and only using the financing option.

https://www.walmart.com/cp/xbox-all-access/8571041?irgwc=1&sourceid=imp_wDU1bsRt5xyOWjrwUx0Mo3cjUkER1B31LwazyE0&veh=aff&wmlspartner=imp_1719813&clickid=wDU1bsRt5xyOWjrwUx0Mo3cjUkER1B31LwazyE0&sharedid=&affiliates_ad_id=565706&campaign_id=9383

Microsoft announced today that the price of Xbox Live Gold is doubling... that's insane. The consensus seems to be that Microsoft is trying to push people towards Game Pass. While I'm sure this will help accomplish that, it's an awful decision by them. If I was someone choosing just one console or the other, all things equal, this would be an easy dealbreaker for me. $120 a year to play online is just ludicrous. Unless Sony does the same thing, this is going to really bite Microsoft IMO. Really bad move.

6 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Microsoft announced today that the price of Xbox Live Gold is doubling... that's insane. The consensus seems to be that Microsoft is trying to push people towards Game Pass. While I'm sure this will help accomplish that, it's an awful decision by them. If I was someone choosing just one console or the other, all things equal, this would be an easy dealbreaker for me. $120 a year to play online is just ludicrous. Unless Sony does the same thing, this is going to really bite Microsoft IMO. Really bad move.

Well now they cancelled the changes after the backlash, the price will remain the same.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Well now they cancelled the changes after the backlash, the price will remain the same.

Great to hear. They also went above that and actually made it so you can play F2P games like Fortnite online without Gold just like Sony does.

Went from a terrible move to a great one. Good on Microsoft for recognizing their mistake.

Edited by elevators_rule

25 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Great to hear. They also went above that and actually made it so you can play F2P games like Fortnite online without Gold just like Sony does.

Went from a terrible move to a great one. Good on Microsoft for recognizing their mistake.

Was wild they thought that’d go anyway than it did. Fun to see old Microsoft is in there somewhere, ready to make an out of touch move. Was nice to see them realize their mistake and 180 within the same day.

Honestly they should just drop the need for Gold to play online and roll over the benefits to Gamepass or Ultimate. Maybe the free games would actually be better then.

Question: I'm trying to buy Xbox Live Gold here in Canada so i can take advantage of the conversion deal to gamepass ultimate for $1 extra. Whenever i search online (walmart, best buy, costco, etc) for the xbox live gold code, it says "for the xbox one or 360"

Is there a special one for the series S? Or will gold bought from anywhere be valid?

Also, from what i'm seeing in Canada, gold is 70 bucks instead of 60. Not a huge difference though

Edited by 49ersfan

On 1/31/2021 at 2:05 AM, 49ersfan said:

Question: I'm trying to buy Xbox Live Gold here in Canada so i can take advantage of the conversion deal to gamepass ultimate for $1 extra. Whenever i search online (walmart, best buy, costco, etc) for the xbox live gold code, it says "for the xbox one or 360"

Is there a special one for the series S? Or will gold bought from anywhere be valid?

Also, from what i'm seeing in Canada, gold is 70 bucks instead of 60. Not a huge difference though

Gold is universal, so you should be fine

• Like 1

Anyone know a place to sell promo codes? I have 2x's Ultimate 3 month codes (new users) and 2x's Youtube premium 6 months (new users) codes and I dont really have a use since I already have established accounts. 

I think the XBX ones are worth like $45 each and the youtube like $60 each.. but they are worthless to me. 

Edited by Matts4313