Xbox Series X

showtime

22 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Will be more as the year goes, but a nice look at Gamepass to finish out what’s already been a pretty solid year for it.

Which of these games should I care about? 

Any of them RPGs? I hope they do release another Fable. I miss good RPGs that arent overly bogged down with complicated minutia 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Which of these games should I care about? 

Any of them RPGs? I hope they do release another Fable. I miss good RPGs that arent overly bogged down with complicated minutia 

I’ve heard good things about Yakuza, it’s a wild series humor wise. But I’m excited to try Like a Dragon. 

The Ascent is an isometric Cyberpunk RPG. Heard people talk about it having deeper systems and RP than you’d think by the look of it.

Hades was a game of the year candidate last year, finally coming to another console other than switch. I have it on that, it’s probably the most fun I’ve had with a rougelike…it takes away the feeling of wasting a run if you die, you hold onto way more stuff and it gets easier as you level up. 

12 Minutes will probably be up for lots of awards, just the type of game people seem to think it is. It’s a decision mystery game.

Sable is an open world exploration game, again has gotten some buzz. I think a demo is hitting sometime this week.

Back 4 Blood is a spiritual sequel to Left 4 Dead from the developers who made the first one. So if you like those games you’ll like that. Anacrusis is also a game like that but with a retro future vibe and aliens…AI looks like it needs work but could be fun.

The Gunk looks fun personally, VG people have talked up the dev team for that. It has that gameplay that reminds you of the feeling of powerwashing. But apparently there is more to it with crafting and other stuff.

Psychonauts 2 will be a fun/odd platformer.

And Halo is Halo, campaign will have more open world elements to it.

2022/2024 will be the years that are like non-stop RPGs. Starfield, Avowed, Fable, Outer Worlds 2, inXile’s rumored Steampunk based RPG, and others. With open world game or story games like Hellblade 2, Perfect Dark, RedFall, Compulsion’s game, and others all hitting then too.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

isometric Cyberpunk RPG

What does this descriptor mean? lol. When I hear isometric, I think of lifting weights. Cyberpunk makes me think of like Borderlands. My brain cant decipher what you are trying to say here. 

49 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

isometric Cyberpunk RPG

What does this descriptor mean? lol. When I hear isometric, I think of lifting weights. Cyberpunk makes me think of like Borderlands. My brain cant decipher what you are trying to say here. 

Ha I mean like the camera is like a locked one looking down for combat and exploration. Instead of like 1st person or over the shoulder 3rd person views.

TheAscent_Screenshot1.jpg

Cyberpunk as a genre is like a dystopian future where cities have expanded, usually corporations have taken a bigger seat at the ruling table. Technology has further fused with humanity, we are further consumed with vices and crime has become far more prevalent. Aesthetically it’s usually like gritty futuristic streets with neon.

• Like 1

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/06/13/xbox-and-bethesda-games-showcase-recap/

xCloud is coming to consoles. 

They’d talked last week about how you’ll be able to buy a game and start playing it right away from the cloud as it downloads in the background.

But now it’s confirmed you can play next gen titles on the cloud from Xbox One systems when they finish replacing the server blades this year to be 1to1 with the series x.

We’re excited to see developers realize their visions in ways that only next-gen hardware will allow them to do. For the millions of people who play on Xbox One consoles today, we are looking forward to sharing more about how we will bring many of these next-gen games, such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, to your console through Xbox Cloud Gaming, just like we do with mobile devices, tablets, and browsers.

Some stuff from Xbox’s Extended Showcase 

Halo Infinite overview 

Hellblade II update

Battlefield 2042 game modes

Indie showcase montage

Scarlet Nexus update

Design Lab is coming back online

Psychonauts 2 dev video 

More Forza 5 stuff

Stalker 2 Dev video

Sea of Thieves x Pirates of the Caribbean gameplay

Flight Sim deeper dive

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 12:36 PM, Matts4313 said:

Have any of you DL/installed emulators such as retroarch on your series x or even XB1?

Yes, I have it on my Xbox One X, I got whitelisted into some deal where you can DL the app right to your Xbox without needing to be in that developer mode, they have some other crap like that you can get too. Kodi and some ports and random stuff IIRC. All the obvious stuff works fine in RA on my x1x, it took every PS1 game I threw at it, I have a whole full iso set and I must have tried at least 20, all seemed flawless. DC was too slow, didn't even think of trying PS2, but Saturn didn't want to run well at all either. N64 was all over, but that's usually the case with that anyways, but it seemed like the main popular games ran fine, I think even Goldeneye wasn't that bad, some crap framerate you get in the real game anyways, IIRC. 

Anyways, I can find the discord to get whitelisted for the RA app if ya want, I'm sure.

Think this is the exact thing I followed

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Norm said:

Yes, I have it on my Xbox One X, I got whitelisted into some deal where you can DL the app right to your Xbox without needing to be in that developer mode, they have some other crap like that you can get too. Kodi and some ports and random stuff IIRC. All the obvious stuff works fine in RA on my x1x, it took every PS1 game I threw at it, I have a whole full iso set and I must have tried at least 20, all seemed flawless. DC was too slow, didn't even think of trying PS2, but Saturn didn't want to run well at all either. N64 was all over, but that's usually the case with that anyways, but it seemed like the main popular games ran fine, I think even Goldeneye wasn't that bad, some crap framerate you get in the real game anyways, IIRC. 

Anyways, I can find the discord to get whitelisted for the RA app if ya want, I'm sure.

Think this is the exact thing I followed

Thanks! I spent some time wading through all that. I think I might give it a shot on my One X and see how tough it is. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thanks! I spent some time wading through all that. I think I might give it a shot on my One X and see how tough it is. 

If you need help, let me know. I'm no RA expert but I know a lot more than I used to and I've been doing emulation **** since the days of this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESticle lol

And yeah that seemed complicated at first but it's not. You join the discord, they whitelist you, you go to their site on the Xbox and you download the app and install it. I think all the cores you'd ever want were already included. 

1 hour ago, Norm said:

If you need help, let me know. I'm no RA expert but I know a lot more than I used to and I've been doing emulation **** since the days of this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NESticle lol

And yeah that seemed complicated at first but it's not. You join the discord, they whitelist you, you go to their site on the Xbox and you download the app and install it. I think all the cores you'd ever want were already included. 

It says doing it the whitelist method you have to re-download everything every couple months. Has that been true for you? It seems like they are pushing people towards the developer mode method. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It says doing it the whitelist method you have to re-download everything every couple months. Has that been true for you? It seems like they are pushing people towards the developer mode method. 

I probably just did this two months ago or so, but I've yet to update. I have no idea why that would be the case though? Yeah like they might update RA with the regular updates but I can't imagine why it would like break the first install. You'd just be out of date, unless MS is going after this now, which I doubt.

The developer method just seems like a pain, to have to reset back and forth just seemed like it wasn't worth it for me since I did you mostly as a curiosity. I have a Launchbox set up with 10TB of ROMs/isos hooked up to this same TV. I just wanted to see how everything ran.

But now you have me curious and I'll have to go look at what they're talking about with the reinstalling every couple months. 

5 minutes ago, Norm said:

I probably just did this two months ago or so, but I've yet to update. I have no idea why that would be the case though? Yeah like they might update RA with the regular updates but I can't imagine why it would like break the first install. You'd just be out of date, unless MS is going after this now, which I doubt.

The developer method just seems like a pain, to have to reset back and forth just seemed like it wasn't worth it for me since I did you mostly as a curiosity. I have a Launchbox set up with 10TB of ROMs/isos hooked up to this same TV. I just wanted to see how everything ran.

But now you have me curious and I'll have to go look at what they're talking about with the reinstalling every couple months. 

What do I do when RetroArch (and other apps) are removed from the store?

- Wait for my announcement stating the apps have been uploaded again

- Re-download the apps from https://gamr13.github.io/ (they will not overwrite the previous apps if you installed them) If you had the apps previously installed:

- Re-download from the link above

- Open up DurangoFTP and copy the old LocalState folder (or the contents of it)

- Paste the LocalState folder (or contents) into the new app's folder, or the contents into the LocalState folder of the new app

Does this happen often?

- About every 1-2 months.

Do I need to get whitelisted again?

No, you'll only ever need to apply once. The only time any of my store apps might uninstall are:

1) The Xbox performs a dashboard update

2) There's an app update pushed - The apps will not be removed from your console after being removed.

I dunno. Let me know your thoughts. I only kinda understand any of this. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dunno. Let me know your thoughts. I only kinda understand any of this. 

Huh, I guess I never knew that they could uninstall, I haven't had the Xbox on in a bit to even check myself, maybe I don't even have it anymore. 

That being said, that seems annoying but probably not a big deal. The whole LocalState thing is just copying (what I assume anyways) is where the RA settings are being held from the old (now gone) app folder, into the new one, since the name of it (just a big *** string of numbers IIRC) will change when he reuploads the new version. 

I still think it's super weird that MS can just uninstall apps off our machines though. lol I'm surprised that can happen.

I'm guessing in dev mode that can't happen then, and why maybe that's starting to be the the way they want it to go, just for the fact that entire Discord the first day I joined was ppl who have sub 50 IQs trying to get help lol and I'm sure they just want it to be as straight forward as possible to have it keep working for people, even if ya got flip into dev mode all the time.