GDT: Browns @ House of Cards

Mega Ron

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well we've done it all year. pass, run, pas pass pass run pass pass run, run and run for success. That being said I'd rather run to open up the pass because that is where you can really blow things up. It isn't new, the Patriots have done it for years.

I don't disagree that we've been doing it all year...

I'm just saying that just because it's a trend does mean it arises from strategic, sound planning whereby the goal is to "Open up the run via the pass."

It's more likely a pattern arising from incompetent play-calling rather than purposeful planning behind some magical pass to help the run strategy.

In this game's case, I do believe the runs worked not because we are pass first, but because we're down 14 points. And against a team struggling on offense on the road (at home for the defensive coordinator), you prioritize the pass and the ball going over your head so you can prevent explosive plays.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

I don't disagree that we've been doing it all year...

I'm just saying that just because it's a trend does mean it arises from strategic, sound planning whereby the goal is to "Open up the run via the pass."

It's more likely a pattern arising from incompetent play-calling rather than purposeful planning behind some magical pass to help the run strategy.

In this game's case, I do believe the runs worked not because we are pass first, but because we're down 14 points. And against a team struggling on offense on the road (at home for the defensive coordinator), you prioritize the pass and the ball going over your head so you can prevent explosive plays.

I never said I liked it or agreed with it but it looks to me to be the plan. If it were me I'd get road graders and build a power run team and pass off of that but there may only be 2 teams in the league that do that anymore.

This is quite literally a lifetime of frustration manifesting itself today. This fan base deserves better and very few of these clowns care or play with pride. Bunch of quitters. 

Someone buy me a Nick CHUBB jersey for Christmas. This kid gets it.

• Like 1