GDT: Browns @ House of Cards

Mega Ron

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Can someone let me know when it’s OK to start talking about draft positioning.

If we were going to fire Freddie, then it would be more meaningful now.

But because we're not going to it's more important to get wins now so the team doesn't burst at the seams in disbelief in whatever Freddie is selling them. As is, Jarvis and OBJ don't believe in what Freddie's selling. The defense doesn't believe what he's selling. Most of us don't buy it. You'd have to think a lot of players don't as well. I'm sure some players do. But players are player-centric and have a player-bias. When they look around and see all this talent and no results they're likely going to blame the coaches more so.

If Freddie stays, we need wins and offensive success now and draft position shouldn't be the focus.

I believe he should go. So, I'm all about draft position figuring out how to get Jedrick Wills to play tackle or Tristan Wirfs to play guard.

@Mind Character I don’t think that us keeping Freddie is the foregone conclusion that I previously thought. Despite all of the reasons that I am aware of that it would not make sense from Dorsey’s perspective. I think the regression at quarterback and the offense in general with the talent that was accumulated is really detrimental towards allowing that to trot back out there next season under the same coaching. 

• Like 1