2017-18 NCAAB Thread

Glen

26 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

ESPN's getting a lot of mileage out of this

yeah it always surprises me when espn squeezes an extra 30 minutes out of a 2 minute event.

it also always surprises me when auburn doesn't score a touchdown in goal to go situations inside the 7.

(neither of these things surprise me)

14 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I'm excited! Last season was up and down but it had a lot to do with injuries and the fact Giles wasn't himself. This group feels different than last season team. If Duke can stay relatively healthy they are the favorite to win it all. Leave it to UNC and Duke to win the championship in consecutive seasons. Can't wait now for college basketball. Let's Go Duke!

Pump the breaks. The team has tons of talent and should be in the top 5, but right now there is no depth at all. The team might only be 6 deep. I see no reason to put the team ahead of Arizona, Michigan State, Kansas, and maybe Kentucky.

4 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Pump the breaks. The team has tons of talent and should be in the top 5, but right now there is no depth at all. The team might only be 6 deep. I see no reason to put the team ahead of Arizona, Michigan State, Kansas, and maybe Kentucky.

I thought SC with Bagley > Duke with Bagley but the Devils are definitely top-3 now.  Their athleticism and rebounding in the frontcourt is unmatched plus they have an elite PG and Sr leader in the backcourt.  Don't know much about their bench but K has won with slim depth before.

2 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

I thought SC with Bagley > Duke with Bagley but the Devils are definitely top-3 now.  Their athleticism and rebounding in the frontcourt is unmatched plus they have an elite PG and Sr leader in the backcourt.  Don't know much about their bench but K has won with slim depth before.

There's no depth right now.

Duval, Allen, and Trent are the backcourt. Carter, Bagley, and Bolden are the frontcourt.

After that? Nothing at the moment. 4* FR Alex O'Connell might be the only other guy that will play in the backcourt. 4* FR Jordan Tucker, SO Javin DeLaurier(7 min/game), JR Antonio Vrankovic(7 min/game), and SO Jack White(6 min/game) are whats behind the big 3 down low.

7 hours ago, devils1854 said:

When it comes to the tournament depth is overrated just because coaches shorten their bench anyways during that time and that especially goes to Coach K. So again I say if Duke stays relatively healthy they are the team to beat. They run and hide, they will get teams best shots throughout the season but I love their chances even more now.

Archived