BDL 2019 Semi-Final Round: #5 Camden Hood Rats @ #1 Berlin Blitzkrieg

SirA1

Camden Hood Rats @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/2019 at 05:01 AM

4 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Lmao dude relax.

Jlash and I contest the friendship bowl every year, Jlash said MD4L isn't Camden but just a friend and MD4L and I have complimented each other in our write-ups. Hence the tripartite friendship handshake post. 

I love the Friendship Bowl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Lmao dude relax.

Jlash and I contest the friendship bowl every year, Jlash said MD4L isn't Camden but just a friend and MD4L and I have complimented each other in our write-ups. Hence the tripartite friendship handshake post. 

It's okay that y'all don't think we are good enough to be part of your cool kids handshake.  We will show you all who is the superior race!  I mean team.  Superior team.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

It's okay that y'all don't think we are good enough to be part of your cool kids handshake.  We will show you all who is the superior race!  I mean team.  Superior team.  

Everyone knows you don't go full Nazi.

bjkz5.jpg

• Like 2

Looking at the roster, I'm really surprised to see Berlin wound up as a top seed in the playoffs with that roster. As I've said before, QBs matter a lot more than this league tends to think, and Brady hasn't been good this year. He's posting career-worst numbers in both completion percentage and YPA; he's among the worst deep passers in the league this year and most of what Berlin has around him are deep threats. That's a problem because I think Camden has a really strong run defense, and if Berlin can't control the clock, they're in trouble with Lamar Jackson on the other side, who is a one-man offense even without those great receivers to work with.

Which brings up another issue: I think Berlin's plan to put Joyner on Hyde and Edmunds on Jackson is an incredibly atrocious, ***-backwards choice. I am not a Hyde fan at all, but he outweights Joyner by 45 pounds. Kazee is even smaller. I don't know why Berlin would think that isn't a huge mismatch in Camden's favor; Hyde isn't running past anybody, he's gonna run them over. With a one-man second level focused entirely on Jackson and undersized DBs replacing linebackers, Camden is just going to pound the rock over and over again, and I don't see Berlin stopping that. Presumably they make halftime adjustments, but forcing the receivers into the middle of the field when you're essentially forcing yourself to bring the safeties into the box to stop a power running game isn't a good strategy. Jackson is going to make some big plays through the air and put Berlin in a spot where Brady has to throw downfield, and as we all know, he's not that guy anymore. This is an easy vote for Camden from me.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

Looking at the roster, I'm really surprised to see Berlin wound up as a top seed in the playoffs with that roster. As I've said before, QBs matter a lot more than this league tends to think, and Brady hasn't been good this year. He's posting career-worst numbers in both completion percentage and YPA; he's among the worst deep passers in the league this year and most of what Berlin has around him are deep threats. That's a problem because I think Camden has a really strong run defense, and if Berlin can't control the clock, they're in trouble with Lamar Jackson on the other side, who is a one-man offense even without those great receivers to work with.

Which brings up another issue: I think Berlin's plan to put Joyner on Hyde and Edmunds on Jackson is an incredibly atrocious, ***-backwards choice. I am not a Hyde fan at all, but he outweights Joyner by 45 pounds. Kazee is even smaller. I don't know why Berlin would think that isn't a huge mismatch in Camden's favor; Hyde isn't running past anybody, he's gonna run them over. With a one-man second level focused entirely on Jackson and undersized DBs replacing linebackers, Camden is just going to pound the rock over and over again, and I don't see Berlin stopping that. Presumably they make halftime adjustments, but forcing the receivers into the middle of the field when you're essentially forcing yourself to bring the safeties into the box to stop a power running game isn't a good strategy. Jackson is going to make some big plays through the air and put Berlin in a spot where Brady has to throw downfield, and as we all know, he's not that guy anymore. This is an easy vote for Camden from me.

Where was this last week. I could have used you when Istarted Jameis against him

I actually really like Camdens defense here. I think both of these teams have a great roster but Camden has guys like Maxx Crosby who were super late picks (in BDL) performing for them at a high level, they've got the will-be MVP at QB and on offense, while they're not necessarily exploding with stardom they've got guys producing.  Overall, I think this is a really close game but I like Camden to pull off the upset in a low scoring contest.

14-13 Camden

• Like 1

Camden wins this one. They are very well balanced. Even Hyde has 1k yards this year. Hopkins, Sutton, and Kupp give LAMAR some great weapons in the passing game and he is explosive on the ground. I don’t think Berlin has enough on D to stop Camden and they don’t have enough juice on O to match them. I really appreciate the different schemes and specific alignments Berlin is using to try and slow down LAMAR and company. They will have some success but they will also break at times. Camden wins 28-17

• Like 1

Wow, thought this was going to be easy, this game is anything but that.  I think this is rags' best game planning effort and is really laser focused to his opponents strengths and tendencies.  JLash of course brings an overall excellent plan as well, but I think a little more detail in the defensive portion would have been preferred. 

I very much like Berlin's defensive game plan to limit Lamar and force him into scenarios he is less comfortable with as far as limiting dumping off and making him read and throw an accurate intermediate/deep ball.  I think with Berlin's scheme, Hyde will have success at times, thus moving the chains and allowing Camden to gain offensive momentum.

You can't sleep on Brady.  Ever.  If analyzing his RL team to the team Berlin has surrounded him with, I think its obvious he has better and more diverse weapons here.  I think Aaron Jones will have success attacking the edges in the run game and similar to Camden's offense, this will move the chains and create momentum that Brady can utilize.

Overall, I think Camden has slight edge on talent, Rags has slight edge on game plan.  With Brady playing at home in a must win situation, I'm going with Berlin in an instant classic.  28 - 27 Berlin on a TD drive that chews up the clock in the 4th and doesn't leave Lamar enough time to get into FG range.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 11:35 PM, Ragnarok said:

On 12/16/2019 at 7:22 AM, PR said:

Everyone knows you don't go full Nazi.

bjkz5.jpg

I have thought multiple times about continuing to amass III sons and renaming my Secondary the Third Reich but have resisted for obvious reasons.

• Like 3

Unlike a few, I don't think Hyde is going to roll all over Berlin. I think Hyde is ok, but that Berlin DL is built to stop the run pretty effectively, especially the Williams wall in the middle. 

I also like the lighter approach, Lamar's improved no doubt, but Camden resembles the Ravens last year more than this year. Obviously juiced up at receiver with a few of the best playmakers in the league, but the option isn't going to be as deadly on the ground without the TEs. 

Some questionable coverage assignments make me lose a bit of confidence, but ultimately I think Berlin has a decent day against the Camden offense all things conisdered. I mean the MVP with those weapons is always going to get his, but it won't be easy.

On the other side of the ball, I like the ideas but there's just a mismatch between Brady's strengths and the weapons around him. Camden have said they want to put it on Brady's arm and even though it is Brady, he's just not the QB he was of past. Camden going DL heavy against the threat of Jones was smart and I think they can get enough done to limit Jones and consequently Brady here. 

Camden 23 - Berlin 16 in a tough fought match. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Going Camden. Seems like Berlin focused so much on Lamar they forgot about Hyde. Camden pounds their way into the Bizz Bowl, despite Lamar having limited success here. I do think Brady has some success underneath but I like Camden O consistency more. 26-20

Serious question...so my heavy run defense set that I said I would use on early downs didn't cut it in terms of slowing Hyde down?

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I think your Run D cuts it, well, not against Lamar. But I think those mediocre CBs dont.

Drew Brees irl cut Sin up like swiss cheese. And Hilton is a natural liability 

Sin had a really rough week against Brees in god mode and Thomas who he had in man a lot.  So yeah, that didnt go well.

Hilton I disagree with.  I think hes terribly underrated.