Week 16: Operation Send Matts Back to Reddit

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, Danger said:

We have other more important things to address than LB. If there's a stud linebacker who's clearly BPA when it's our turn to pick, then sure make the pick. But if there's any debate if there's a player at another position who's as good or a better prospect than said linebacker then we should not take the LB. Off-Ball Linebackers are RBs of the defense. It's definitely good to have them, but they're the last thing you should be addressing if you're trying to build a winning team.

I mean I agree but I feel good about OL, DL, QB, RB and TE for next year and probably 2021. So if the superior prospect happens to be a CB or WR, then I'm cool with it. Otherwise, take the LB if it's any of the other positions I listed.

QB, OT, RB and TE are the positions we really don't need to be actively trying to upgrade. If we move on from Schwartz and field a defense that doesn't rely as heavy on the DL, then you can throw DT in there too since we're fine with starters for 2020, just don't have the depth. Interior OL will be fine too if Kelce sticks around, but he has said his career is pretty much year to year at this point, so it wouldn't hurt to try and find his heir late in the draft. Could use depth behind Seaumalo and Brooks.

Taking into account how bad we project to be at the position in 2020 + importance, I'd rank our needs as

1. CB
  2. WR
  3. S
  4. Pass rush
  5. off ball LB
  6. Interior OL
  7. Interior DL

I'd be fine going BPA on any of the bolded in the 1st, but I hope for our sake that BPA is a CB or WR.

21 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

PFF grades for our team

Offense

Carson Wentz- 77.5

Miles Sanders- 63.8  

Jordan Howard- 69.0

Zach Ertz- 74.1

Dallas Goedert- 78.2

Alshon Jeffery- 74.8

Nelson Agholor- 54.4

JJ Arcega-Whiteside- 52.7

Jason Peters- 83.7

Isaac Seumalo- 68.3

Jason Kelce- 77.4

Brandon Brooks- 92.7

Lane Johnson- 88.8

Boston Scott- 64.7

Greg Ward- 69.7

Andre Dillard- 57.9

Big V- 75.1

Defense

Derek Barnett- 58.2

Fletcher Cox- 87.3

Tim Jernigan- 69.5

Brandon Graham- 85.4

KGH- 61.1

Nigel Bradham- 68.6

Nathan Gerry- 58.6

Jalen Mills- 57.7

Malcolm Jenkins- 65.4

Rodney McLeod- 61.3

Ronald Darby- 46.8

Vinny Curry- 77.5

Josh Sweat- 66.5

Avonte Maddox- 55.3

Rasul Douglas- 52.3

19 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yes they do. I'm looking at his grades right now.

What about us? How are our grades?

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

QB, OT, RB and TE are the positions we really don't need to be actively trying to upgrade. If we move on from Schwartz and field a defense that doesn't rely as heavy on the DL, then you can throw DT in there too since we're fine with starters for 2020, just don't have the depth. Interior OL will be fine too if Kelce sticks around, but he has said his career is pretty much year to year at this point, so it wouldn't hurt to try and find his heir late in the draft. Could use depth behind Seaumalo and Brooks.

Taking into account how bad we project to be at the position in 2020 + importance, I'd rank our needs as

1. CB
  2. WR
  3. S
  4. Pass rush
  5. off ball LB
  6. Interior OL
  7. Interior DL

I'd be fine going BPA on any of the bolded in the 1st, but I hope for our sake that BPA is a CB or WR.

I would hope the plan is move Seumalo to C and putting Pryor perhaps Opeta/Herbig at LG. I know Pryor's snaps have been limited but he seems pretty tough in the run game. Hell try Mailata at LG. 

Courtesy of Bleeding Green

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES INJURY REPORT (WEDNESDAY)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE

WR Nelson Agholor (knee)
DE Derek Barnett (ankle)
OT Lane Johnson (ankle)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

OG Brandon Brooks (calf)
DT Fletcher Cox (triceps)
CB Ronald Darby (hip flexor)
RB Jordan Howard (shoulder)

DALLAS COWBOYS INJURY REPORT (WEDNESDAY)

To be announced — check back for more updates.

8 hours ago, nlesthought said:

FA LBs

Joe Schobert Cleveland 26y/o

Nick Kwiatkoski Chicago 27 

Preston Brown LA Chargers 27

Darron Lee KC 25 (maybe he peaked early, idk) 

LB and CB are positions we should be able to get a good starter at if we want to next year. CB we should double dip though still and draft one early. 

Free Agents WRs next year aren’t looking too deep. And it looks like the best way to go might be get young impressionable guys that Carson can build with. Rather than vets. So if those young guys can also be talents like these first round guys...could finally be in a good place.