GDT 17, Finally...this season is OVER! Now What the hell happens?

Bucketheadsdad

Who ya got?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got this Sunday?

• Browns
    • Bengals
    • Jimmy Truckstop
    • Kiwi
    • Hornby
    • Just shoot me now.
    • Better shoot me again. This has gone on for 20 years now.

Just now, Mind Character said:

I think I'm basing the opinion on evidence and not emotion.

Analytics from 3 different analytics firms back up the claims that 1.) Offensive line play in the league is horrendous in general, 2.) Our OLine is no different, 3.) Amongst bad oline play when it comes to sack and pressure rates given up the Cleveland Browns are at least average and above average in other categories relative to the rest of the league.

Beyond the analytics, watching one or a handful of teams and distort perspective on what is and isn't.

Today, the OLine has been trash. 

That's been the case for most of the season with the exception of a few games.

Just now, Mind Character said:

I think I'm basing the opinion on evidence and not emotion.

Analytics from 3 different analytics firms back up the claims that 1.) Offensive line play in the league is horrendous in general, 2.) Our OLine is no different, 3.) Amongst bad oline play when it comes to sack and pressure rates given up the Cleveland Browns are at least average and above average in other categories relative to the rest of the league.

Beyond the analytics, watching one or a handful of teams and distort perspective on what is and isn't.

Today, the OLine has been trash. 

Stop with the emotion crap.Why would I be emotional? Don't talk yourself into me being emotional to think it proves your point, it doesn't. You think we have good pass pro on average this season and I haven't seen anything close to it. It doesn't mean I'm emotional.

• Like 1

Just now, hornbybrown said:

Wow we passed to OBJ in the Redzone. What a interesting concept 

I don't know if it has ever been addressed, but I want you to know how bad I feel for you.  

You've put up with watching this rubbish for years, and then you've got to go out and face the rest of a Monday.  

We've at least got the chance to drown our sorrows in whatever libation we choose.  

Image result for You are a hero gif

• Like 1

Just now, DawgX said:

That's been the case for most of the season with the exception of a few games.

Indeed, it has been trash a lot this season.

Relative to the trash the rest of the league has, surprisingly the data suggest we've been average trash to slightly above average trash.

It's like I said, if we're in a class where the average grade is a D+ that's a different quality than a class where the average grade is a B+. 

The league has an offensive line problem in general that seriously hurts 22-24 of 32 teams in varying degrees. The dominance and boost in quality of the other 7-10 OLine play is a substantial difference.