Week 17 GDT: Packers @ Detroit Lions

squire12

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Clearly not an overthrow on this play. So we can absolutely blame the tight end who has been a bust and a terrible signing! 

Is this his final year on that contract?  I hope so.  If we need a veteran TE on the roster next year I'd keep Lewis.

19 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Any word on Lazard yet?

I was at the game and saw him standing on the sidelines with his helmet on during the last drive. Thought he might come back in the game but we hit Jones on the screen and that was basically the game. I think he'll be fine. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I was at the game and saw him standing on the sidelines with his helmet on during the last drive. Thought he might come back in the game but we hit Jones on the screen and that was basically the game. I think he'll be fine. 

Did our offense look as bad live as it did on screen?

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

But the tweet didn't say, Graham sucks and blew this play. 

It was talking about how the offense would have magically done better if he had caught it.

It was more referring to the idea that the drop killed that drive, which had it not happened, may have led to us going up 7-0. Against a 3-11-1 team like Detroit, whereby merely leaning on them early and they probably topple over, that would have been huge. The mere act of Detroit scoring first was the foundation for making that a game for the Lions. 

• Like 3

@KFP7 Protection was phenomenal. Our running game never really got going on a consistent basis. Harrison did a good job plugging the middle and Detroit's CBs were crashing on the outside to prevent some of those patented big-gain off tackle plays for Jones. 

In the passing game, it was 85% Rodgers being inaccurate and 15% guys were covered. Some plays Detroit just flat out blanketed our guys, but on a majority of the big downs, Rodgers had opportunities and didn't make the throw.  

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

I've already commented on the horrible coaching and play-calling in this game(up until Matt La Fleur stopped coaching like Ricky La Fleur). 

I was, however, wrong about Tyler Ervin. I think he fits this offense quite well and if he can continue to settle in we can stop worrying about finding that elusive RS and shifty slot receiver as he can do both; plus, he ran pretty hard on that one carry he had. I'd have to say the same about Dexter Williams to a fault as well. He ran hard and played quite well IMHO. I think we're set at RB as much as some of you may disagree with that. Veldheer is a superior upgrade to Alex Light. Now if only he can stay healthy...

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It was more referring to the idea that the drop killed that drive, which had it not happened, may have led to us going up 7-0. Against a 3-11-1 team like Detroit, whereby merely leaning on them early and they probably topple over, that would have been huge. The mere act of Detroit scoring first was the foundation for making that a game for the Lions. 

Or they could have kept fighting because that's the type of team Detroit is. 

Our QB did his best to lose this game. Thank God the roster around him is good enough (and our opposition sucked enough) that he failed.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Our QB did his best to lose this game. Thank God the roster around him is good enough (and our opposition sucked enough) that he failed.

Yeah Detroit is similar to the Packers except the Packers have closed out games.  I think both teams have had the lead in the 4th in just about every game.  Not sure if it's luck, coaching, veteran leadership, or what.  

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That's a bit harsh. The throw to Lazard is still a Rodgers gem that most QBs can't make, no step in, being hit as he throws, high to a tall receiver over a shorter DB, total dime. The screen to Jones to win the game LaFleur said was a suggestion that Rodgers wanted to run.

Look he was bad, however he didn't turn the ball over, and when he did it was essentially a fantastic punt that Kumerow really gave a poor effort for. "Did his best" to lose the game is harsh. 

The ball came out yesterday, and came out deep, two things our offense has lacked. If he's continuing to sling it like that, my money is on it leading to more good things than bad, because that's what I've seen his entire career. The ability is still there, I was in Detroit too and the way the ball comes out is special, he said he was puzzled being off because the ball felt good coming out of his hand, and it sure looked good too. Lambeau will hopefully help him, he's always good there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's a bit harsh. The throw to Lazard is still a Rodgers gem that most QBs can't make, no step in, being hit as he throws, high to a tall receiver over a shorter DB, total dime. The screen to Jones to win the game LaFleur said was a suggestion that Rodgers wanted to run.

Look he was bad, however he didn't turn the ball over, and when he did it was essentially a fantastic punt that Kumerow really gave a poor effort for. "Did his best" to lose the game is harsh. 

The ball came out yesterday, and came out deep, two things our offense has lacked. If he's continuing to sling it like that, my money is on it leading to more good things than bad, because that's what I've seen his entire career. The ability is still there, I was in Detroit too and the way the ball comes out is special, he said he was puzzled being off because the ball felt good coming out of his hand, and it sure looked good too. Lambeau will hopefully help him, he's always good there.

I think that's what we need to remember about this game; Aaron needs to adjust something with his mechanics. It's like a golfer who gets the yips; one minor thing in a golf swing can epically mess up your shot.

Personally, I think Aaron might have been looking a bit past this game...

28 minutes ago, Joe said:

I think that's what we need to remember about this game; Aaron needs to adjust something with his mechanics. It's like a golfer who gets the yips; one minor thing in a golf swing can epically mess up your shot.

Personally, I think Aaron might have been looking a bit past this game...

I don't know about that.  He and the guys knew what was on the line so perhaps they were trying too hard?  Perhaps that led to some of the over throws?  I'm just guessing here of course.