Packers or Saints, better team?

patriotsheatyan

Packers or Saints, better team?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Packers or Saints, better team?

• Packers
    • Saints

I'll take the Packers as the better team in that if the two teams face off I’m taking the Packers. They win ugly, kind of like the Seahawks, but they generally find a way to get it done. They don’t matchup well with a team like the 49ers IMO, but I think they matchup fairly well with the Saints and at home would pickup the home victory.

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Saints are +117 on the year.

Packers are +63 on the year.

That's 3.5 Net PPG better. 

Also, Teddy B played 6 games, where the offense averaged barely mediocre.  It's not a stretch to say had Brees played all season, that point differential would be better.  But who knows.  At Brees age, maybe he needed a break.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I'm personally just banking on old man Brees to not be able to handle the cold well and make uncharacteristic mistakes. Its probably not going to happen but who knows.....

It could happen, I'm always worried about playing in a frozen wasteland, but Brees has looked good outdoors this year with a 116 rating, and the Saints averaged 40 ppg last two weeks outdoors in the rain.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

It could happen, I'm always worried about playing in a frozen wasteland, but Brees has looked good outdoors this year with a 116 rating, and the Saints averaged 40 ppg last two weeks outdoors in the rain.

Yea but that is in Tennessee and Carolina. Its a different animal on the great lakes of Wisconsin. Currently its 68 in Charlotte & 52 in Nashville. Its currently 33 in Greenbay and that is about as warm as its going to get. Most likely it will only be colder in a couple weeks. I'm not expecting much of a drop off but I can only hope = )

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Yea but that is in Tennessee and Carolina. Its a different animal on the great lakes of Wisconsin. Currently its 68 in Charlotte & 52 in Nashville. Its currently 33 in Greenbay and that is about as warm as its going to get. Most likely it will only be colder in a couple weeks. I'm not expecting much of a drop off but I can only hope = )

Yes, cold is not ideal, but with Brees I worry more about rain and/or wind.  He doesn't have the arm strength to cut through the wind, and he doesn't have the grip to throw a wet ball.  Brees is about precision and touch passes, and bad weather ruins it.  Hopefully they will mentally be able to overcome the cold, but Packers certainly have the advantage there, no question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yes, cold is not ideal, but with Brees I worry more about rain and/or wind.  He doesn't have the arm strength to cut through the wind, and he doesn't have the grip to throw a wet ball.  Brees is about precision and touch passes, and bad weather ruins it.  Hopefully they will mentally be able to overcome the cold, but Packers certainly have the advantage there, no question.

True, but Brees doesn’t even throw the ball downfield anymore. It’s pretty much throwing to CGM most of the time and the other guys when they’re open. The Saints OL should be healthy, which is punishing. I think that this Saints team is made to win in any environment. 

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that this Saints team is made to win in any environment. 

This is a very talented and balanced Saints team, they are definitely better than the 2019 Packers   ( except in playoff tiebreakers)

But I'm going to push back on that statement above given the lack of supporting evidence
When is the last time Brees & Co played football in below freezing weather ?
These Saints have been playing in mildness for years now, I went back 5 years and couldn't find one cold game.

Projecting they will play well / win in frigid weather on a frozen tundra is pure conjecture
Bitter cold is the real deal, and we might get to see if that matters in 2 weeks.
Packers need an equalizer and getting this game at Lambeau instead of Mercedes is our best chance

5c5a96ef18f00-winter-surfing-polar-vorte

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

This is a very talented and balanced Saints team, they are definitely better than the 2019 Packers   ( except in playoff tiebreakers)

But I'm going to push back on that statement above given the lack of supporting evidence
When is the last time Brees & Co played football in below freezing weather ?
These Saints have been playing in mildness for years now, I went back 5 years and couldn't find one cold game.

Projecting they will play well / win in frigid weather on a frozen tundra is pure conjecture
Bitter cold is the real deal, and we might get to see if that matters in 2 weeks.
Packers need an equalizer and getting this game at Lambeau instead of Mercedes is our best chance

5c5a96ef18f00-winter-surfing-polar-vorte

Absolutely, the weather and crowd are huge factors in favor of the Packers. Vegas might even have the Pack in that matchup. I just believe that this Saints team is further equipped to play in harsh weather than previous years. 

15 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

packers are the worst #2 seed of all time. 

saints gonna blow them out in the divisional round.

Eh.

I disagree.

The 2006 Saints got the #2 seed at 10-6.

The 2010 Bears weren't very impressive either. Beat the 7-9 Seahawks and lost at home to the Packers in the next round.

2004 Falcons weren't very good.

2016 Chiefs were worse than this Packers team.

2008 Panthers were a pretty bad #2 seed. Got embarrassed at home in the divisional round by the 9-7 Cardinals.

Probably a few more I'm missing.

This Packers team is maybe the worst 13-3 team I've ever seen, but it's not the worst #2 seed. There have been a few very unimpressive teams get 1st round Byes before.

Edited by Bolts223