Is Khalil Mack overrated?

Chiefs FTW

No, I’m not saying he sucks, but is he deserving of his contract and really up there with Donald as some think? I’m aware he does great things that aren’t shown on the stat sheet, but 8.5 sacks on the year is still very meh for a supposed elite pass rusher. Along with that he seems to feast on poor teams O-lines and isn’t a game to game terror like you’d hope. His only 2 sack game of the year came against Washington and we know how their OL is. 

33 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

You're criticizing him for dominating inferior competition? Isn't that what good players are supposed to do? :)

I wish he was on the 49ers. Besides, 8.5 sacks don't show how many pressures he's gotten on the season. 

More so criticizing him for not showing up against great OL. 

No defensive player is worth QB money, period. I’m not saying cut him but if you can get two 1sts like the Raiders got, you take it. Our 1sts for Mack will be Josh Jacobs (who is probably winning OROY) and whoever we select with the Bears pick this draft. And we may even use our pick and the Bears pick and trade up for Tua. Mack turning into the Alabama Tag Team of Tua and Jacobs would be pretty awesome. 

Why are people talking about quarterback money and defensive players / Mack? I don't know if people are noticing, but quarterback money is now 30-35 million per season if you have one you want to keep and will soon be higher. 

Mack makes 23.5/yr aav. He doesn't make quarterback money. Rising cap increases the money for all positions. 

• Like 3

Mack is anything but overrated.  

He's allowed to have a down year, if you even consider it a down year for him.

Actually had more tackles this year despite less sacks, only had one less forced fumble.  

He's easily the best player on his team, and Chicago is still having Codey Parkey aftershocks.  

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Why are people talking about quarterback money and defensive players / Mack? I don't know if people are noticing, but quarterback money is now 30-35 million per season if you have one you want to keep and will soon be higher. 

Make makes 23.5/yr aav

Still too much for a defensive player. Two solid players making 11M each will have just as much impact plus two first round picks. You are basically getting four players for one. 

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

Still too much for a defensive players. Two solid players making 11M each will have just as much impact plus two first round picks. You are basically getting four players for one. 

It's really not. The cap is increasing. That's what happens. Their salaries go up as the money available goes up. 

I don't know what first round picks have to do with this since I was commenting specifically on the monetary compensation

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's really not. The cap is increasing. That's what happens. Their salaries go up as the money available goes up. 

I don't know what first round picks have to do with this since I was commenting specifically on the monetary compensation

Because you can package Mack or Donald type players into four first round caliber players basically.