Is Khalil Mack overrated?

Chiefs FTW

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because you can package Mack or Donald type players into four first round caliber players basically. 

Where are the first round picks coming from? Trading them? 

How do you know you can get two competent players for the price of one financially?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Where are the first round picks coming from? Trading them? 

How do you know you can get two competent players for the price of one financially?

I’m saying you can get two vets that are good starters for 12M a piece and then trade someone like Mack/Donald/Ramsey for two firsts. That’s possibly four first round caliber players. 

It’s a team sport and too many people get attached to one player. Four good players will have more impact than one superstar by a country mile. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m saying you can get two vets that are good starters for 12M a piece and then trade someone like Mack/Donald/Ramsey for two firsts. That’s possibly four first round caliber players. 

It’s a team sport and too many people get attached to one player. Four good players will have more impact than one superstar by a country mile. 

11 million wouldn't have gotten you even Dante Fowler and Preston Smith this year, just fyi. 

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Overreaction, IMO. This season was bad, last season he dragged that Bears team to the playoffs. 

Next season he'll probably get another 15-17 sacks and be in the DPOY discussion.

Hey, someone who understands context!

The Bears defense spent a chunk of this season as a form of itself no one can remember seeing in years upon years: A team not only that teams could run on but that teams could have a good deal of success running on.  Losing both starting ILB's in a 3-4 for the season will tend to do that to you.  Then throw in that with the offense regressing like it was going out of style this season, coupled with the turnovers generated by the defense in general regressing towards the mean, you have opposing offenses affording less opportunities for Mack to even collect in on that money stat (sacks), if that's all myopic people want to judge him off.

One of these days people are going to learn to stop using a single-season sample size to pass judgment on a player's value.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

11 million wouldn't have gotten you even Dante Fowler and Preston Smith this year, just fyi. 

But Madden and sim leagues tell me differently.

Sometimes I wish FFMD were still a thing so that people would stop thinking that consistently productive veteran players will just ignore things like location, recent team success, etc. to take affordable contracts to play for their team ("because it's my team damnit...").