The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

ah, i will admit to mistakenly confusing you for your compatriot who is just over the moon about all your afc south one-and-done crowns over the years

last time titans won the division i was still in high school...

im 29...

Edited by Texansfan713

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

last time titans won the division i wasnt even in high school yet.. 

im 29...

listen friend we’ve already spent the last 5 pages doing this song and dance so you know what if you’d like to feel proud about those afc south titles then god bless

17 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

The Chiefs basically had it wrapped up before that botched FG attempt. Good thing they made the 6th seed though because the Steelers are boring to watch lol.

Yeah but i dont think you can use "Mahomes wasnt healthy" as a crutch. He threw the most yds he had all year, KC had the most offensive yds they had all year and he had 2nd most tds he had all year. Also, that missed fg was not a gimme, it was a 52 yd fg. Even if he makes it, its a tie game. Titans is a bad matchup for KC.

13 hours ago, dtait93 said:

What's fraudulent about the NFL's leader in rushing yards, TD's, and yp/a, the rookie of the year, the NFL's leading passer, and a +71 point differential (compared to the Texans -7)?

everything was lined up to beat us and win the division and the titans couldn't cut the mustard.

42 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

everything was lined up to beat us and win the division and the titans couldn't cut the mustard.

One loss to a division rival with the backbone of our offense crippled doesn't make us frauds lol. We're a legitimate playoff team so long as Henry is healthy and Tannehill is back there. Nothing fraudulent about a 7-3 finish, the rookie of the year, the best runner and top rated passer in the league. Doesn't mean we'll beat the defending champs in their building, but it does mean we will make it a competitive game at the very least.

49 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

One loss to a division rival with the backbone of our offense crippled doesn't make us frauds lol. We're a legitimate playoff team so long as Henry is healthy and Tannehill is back there. Nothing fraudulent about a 7-3 finish, the rookie of the year, the best runner and top rated passer in the league. Doesn't mean we'll beat the defending champs in their building, but it does mean we will make it a competitive game at the very least.

oh we can play the injury game all day..

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah but i dont think you can use "Mahomes wasnt healthy" as a crutch. He threw the most yds he had all year, KC had the most offensive yds they had all year and he had 2nd most tds he had all year. Also, that missed fg was not a gimme, it was a 52 yd fg. Even if he makes it, its a tie game. Titans is a bad matchup for KC.

He said botched fg, not blocked fg. 

You are right though that Mahomes injury was not the reason we lost, at all. Mahomes destroyed the Titans secondary. The reason we lost was mostly due to our inability to contain Henry and also special teams play (although the blocked kick was really just an amazing play by the Titans). 

I agree they match up well against us, but it’s certainly no easy game for either team. 

All I know is I wouldn't want to be a defensive guy with a wild Derrick Henry coming at me full speed. I think BB will probably scheme up a win against the Titans, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Tennessee come out and punch them in the mouth and upset them. I don't know if Brady and that offense is good enough to score a bunch, even against a fairly suspect D. 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:58 PM, amazingandre said:

lol the goal is to win divisions and make the playoffs and fight for a Super Bowl. In 19 years you've won the division twice. Your organization is garbage. Just admit it so we can move on to better teams. 

Although I dislike your team, I am rooting for you this coming week....you're welcome

I hate when opposing fans try to pull what you are right now minimizing what we've done and then calling our organization garbage.

From 1999 thru 2019 the Titans are tied for 11th overall with 179 wins over that time period, 1 win from cracking the top 10 in wins since 1999. Garbage, i dont think so...

Also the Texans have a worse win percentage than the Titans do if you figure in team history ours starts in 1999 thru 2019 yours is 2002 thru 2019.

This was done according to win percentage as well so the Titans were 11th with a .513 win percentage during that time while the Texans were 23rd from 2002-2019 with a .453 win percentage.

Pro Football Reference doesn't lie.....

Also there are only 4 teams with 4 straight winning seasons and 2 or more playoff berths since the start of 2016 they are New England,Kansas City,Seattle and.....Tennessee.

Also the Titans have been to 2 AFC Championships have the Texans ever been to an AFC Title game???? No............so does that make the Texans garbage?

Also the Titans have been to a Super Bowl have the Texans ever been to a Super Bowl????

No............so does that make the Texans garbage?

Also the Titans have had the NFL best record twice in 2000 and 2008 with 13 wins.

Have the Texans ever had the NFL's best record????

No............so does that make the Texans garbage?

The Titans have won 3 division titles since '99 and being in a competitive division thats included some good competition.

Also we've had our share of dynamic players with a few that have been voted rookie of the year including Eddie George,Jevon Kearse,Vince Young and  now most likely our 2019 second round pick WR AJ Brown who is setting rookie records and breaking some including some set by rookie Randy Moss in 1998.

A.J. Brown has four 50+ yard TD catches this season the last rookie to have many 50+ yard TD catches in a season? Randy Moss (5, 1998). he is the first rookie in NFL HISTORY to have 1,000 yards w/ 64 or fewer receptions with 52 catches for 1,050 yards,8 TD's and 20.2 yards a catch

We also had Chris Johnson one of only 7 players who rushed for 2,000 yards and he set the record for total yardage gained in a season with 2,509 yards not to mention being the fastest player in NFL history until recently.

Derrick Henry has more explosive plays with 10 over 50 yards since 2017 and 5 plays over 70 yards including a 99 yard run the longest in NFL history not to mention he just won the NFL rushing crown.

Right now the Titans have the best QB in the NFL Ryan Tannehill according to passer rating 117.5, also finished with the second best completion percentage 70.3% the best RB in the NFL Derrick Henry has the most yardage 1,540 yards and the best rookie WR who has the most yardage 1,051 and total TD's 8

Garbage??

Since our inaugural season 1999....

179 wins-regular/postseason(1 win shy of top 10),11 winning seasons,8 playoff berths,3 division titles,3x 13 win seasons,3 NFL ROYs,1 NFL MVP,2x NFL best record,2 AFC Championship appearances,1 AFC Title & 1 Super Bowl appearance

Most NFL Wins from 1999-2019

#1-Patriots 275 wins

#2-Steelers 226 wins

#3-Colts 223 wins

#4-Packers 217 wins

#5-Ravens 213 wins

#6-Eagles 209 wins

#7-Seahawks 204 wins

#8-Broncos 195 wins

#9-Saints 195 wins

#10-Vikings 180 wins

#11-Titans 179 wins

#11-Cowboys 179 wins

Garbage??

13 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

last time titans won the division i was still in high school...

im 29...

Remember the Titans began in '99 and are only three years older than the Texans who began in '02

Texans ever been to the AFC Championship???   NOOOOOOOOOO

The Titans have twice

Texans ever been to Super Bowl???  NOOOOOO

Titans have

Texans ever had a 13 win season?  NOOOOO

Titans have three times in 1999,2000 and 2008

Texans ever had the NFL best record???? NOOOOO

The Titans have twice in 2000 and 2008

Texans aren't gonna win ****