The Titans are not a real #6 seed

BayRaider

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

And yet we have the same amount of playoff wins in those 5 years. What are we doing here lol

I've never tried to present the Texans as some league wide dominant team. My argument has been that we've been better than the Titans for the better part of the decade. 

We have as many SBs as you, despite the 30 year head start, so that's something too.

4 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

well its been how long since you've made it past the second round? That's right, Never.

Remind me the last time the Titans did the same? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is exactly what i’m talking about lmao. if you’re genuinely proud of winning the afc south and doing absolutely nothing more the last few years, then i’d maybe hold off on the chest-pounding 

It's still more than what Tennessee has done in those last few years - nobody is proud of it, but when you're talking about two franchises with zero SBs between them, you have to start splitting hairs like this.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck are finally gone and now we get this glorious Texans-Titans smack talk lol. 

I legit laughed at this.

This time next year, we'll both be bowing to Gardner Minshew - so let us have these next few days before we both go one and done.

• Like 2

Just now, dtait93 said:

And advancing no further than we advanced lol. Your division titles are meaningless.

We both have nothing of meaning to brag about when you put it like that, only difference is that the Titans had a 30 year head start to get nowhere.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

It's still more than what Tennessee has done in those last few years - nobody is proud of it, but when you're talking about two franchises with zero SBs between them, you have to start splitting hairs like this.

so.....like i said......we’re roughly the same flavor of mediocre. 

Just now, ET80 said:

We both have nothing of meaning to brag about when you put it like that, only difference is that the Titans had a 30 year head start to get nowhere.

Exactly lol. I mean you guys have bragging rights no doubt as far as division champions go, but in the grand scheme of things neither team can get past the divisional round

• Like 1

Just now, -Hope- said:

so.....like i said......we’re roughly the same flavor of mediocre. 

By that standard, the only three teams that are good are New England, Pittsburgh and Green Bay (Dallas too, I guess).

There are levels to it, you know that. Over the decade, Texans have achieved more than the Titans, even if they didn't achieve the ultimate prize.

Fair?

Just now, ET80 said:

By that standard, the only three teams that are good are New England, Pittsburgh and Green Bay (Dallas too, I guess)

that’s pretty much the standard that i apply lol. not sure why you wouldn’t. the goal is to win championships

12 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

that’s pretty much the standard that i apply lol. not sure why you wouldn’t. the goal is to win championships

I'd be remiss to not consider New Orleans as a top tier team, despite not winning a SB since 2010. They're considerably better than Tampa Bay, despite Tampa having as many SB victories.

The league is too diverse to look at with a black and white lens as SB wins. 

Edit: Let's go apples to apples. Minnesota or Detroit? Division rivals neither has won a SB. Are they equal to you?

4 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Exactly lol. I mean you guys have bragging rights no doubt as far as division champions go, but in the grand scheme of things neither team can get past the divisional round

nobody is bragging about division titles..yall had to beat a texans team that played backups to get in the playoffs this year.  let that sink in.