Black Monday - How many?

Golfman

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think that a LOT of the perceived issues with McCarthy are merely perception.  Stubbornness?  Which coach isn't stubborn?  He wanted Rodgers to play his offense?  Go figure.  If McCarthy gets paired with an IMPRESSIONABLE quarterback, he's going to have a good team. 

People gotta remember that our GM(s) did McCarthy VERY few favors. 

How many free agents did Thompson bring in?  How many draft hits did Thompson have in his final 3 years? 

The people who constantly complained about Thompson are the  same ones who complained about McCarthy.  It's just funny to me.  The one thing McCarthy requested more often than anything was an athletic TE.  Gute gave him Graham.  The last time McCarthy had that tight end was Aaron's last good year.

Everyone acts like LaFleur is this huge improvement and they neglect all the additions on this team. 

Amos, Smith, Smith and Taylor are the four most significant and impactful free agents we've had since Charles Woodson. 

Everyone also hates Matthews/Perry.  That's who McCarthy had at EDGE.  Matthews I think was much better than people act like he was, but he still wasn't a top third EDGE.  And what about his secondary?  He had a safety playing corner with a groin injury (Randall) and Gunter as his starting cornerbacks in 2016.  LADARIUS ****ING GUNTER. 

Everyone here can admit that we were extremely limited in talent, everyone here will admit that Thompson lost it, stopped hitting on draft picks and didn't supplement with free agency, and yet it's all on McCarthy? 

It just doesn't add up. 

McCarthy is extremely similar to Andy Reid. Bought into his system 100% and needed a slice of humble pie to get him to realize he needed to get with the times. Some more personnel groupings, motions, more man beaters and less ISO. I have no doubts that much like Reid, Mac will find success in his next stop so long as his GM gets him players.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

McCarthy is extremely similar to Andy Reid. Bought into his system 100% and needed a slice of humble pie to get him to realize he needed to get with the times. Some more personnel groupings, motions, more man beaters and less ISO. I have no doubts that much like Reid, Mac will find success in his next stop so long as his GM gets him players.

Agree and was going to comment to recent posts that MM had nothing to do with getting players.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Packerraymond, agreed.  Rodgers has the physical ability few quarterbacks in NFL history have ever had.  Too bad he doesn't utilize that ability better. 

*Recently.

You're still talking about the QB with arguably the best season in NFL history and arguably the greatest 4 year run in NFL history. He's absolutely utilized his ability to its fullest. The last two years, no. Question is, last year bum knee, this year new scheme. The holding the ball has always been on him, but the misses recently? Not sure. The talent is still silly good, and the mechanics have always been wild but in control. It may just be a timing/landmark issue in the new scheme. He hasn't missed Adams much this year and that's the one guy who you can arguably say thinks like Rodgers does because of their experience together. I know you can see in a lot of the MVS misses where Rodgers is trying to guide him away from a safety, where MVS doesn't see that yet. That's what made Rodgers-Nelson so elite. Jordy knew exactly where the ball should go in relationship to the corner trailing him and the deep safety. We'll see, either way, I'm a looooooong way from writing off Rodgers as a "Alex Smith" type QB. Maybe in 3-4 years.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol Alex Smith. Please.

This is not normal. Rodgers is still physically capable of things maybe 1-2 other QBs in the league are. His physical gifts blow Alex Smith out of the water and then some. 

I'm extremely excited to see him in year 2 with an entire off-season of re-installs and some added weapons. If he tweaks some mechanics and they dial on the concepts that we're a hair off on I still think he's fully capable of MVP numbers. 

Honestly the offense looked similar to me to the few games before Rodgers predicted we'd run the table. He knew the concepts were starting to click, just dial it in and special things could happen. 

I wasn't comparing him to Smith skills wise, just the end results. We all see that his arm is still as good as ever...he's still pretty mobile(though not at his peak of course). It's why everything with him is so frustrating to watch. It honestly would be easier to accept if it was noticeable that he just didn't have it anymore, like watching Peyton Manning at the end with his shot arm

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol Alex Smith. Please.

This is not normal. Rodgers is still physically capable of things maybe 1-2 other QBs in the league are. His physical gifts blow Alex Smith out of the water and then some. 

I'm extremely excited to see him in year 2 with an entire off-season of re-installs and some added weapons. If he tweaks some mechanics and they dial on the concepts that we're a hair off on I still think he's fully capable of MVP numbers. 

Honestly the offense looked similar to me to the few games before Rodgers predicted we'd run the table. He knew the concepts were starting to click, just dial it in and special things could happen. 

It is this type of throw that is both a blessing and a curse. He can do it, but the accuracy is off.  Those suboptimal mechanics seep into too many throws that should not be missed at the rate that rodgers misses them.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol Alex Smith. Please.

A good #2 NFL receiver gets his feet in there @Outpost31:D Crazy throw by Rodgers. 

Edited by Golfman

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Lazard really needed to catch that with his hands and he likely gets both feet in bounds.

Not necessarily.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for Lazard getting the confidence to catch *everything* with his hands. He's a big guy and it will increase his catch radius immeasurably.

GB has done well getting its starting WRs to do that - so there's hope - but his footwork (or sideline awareness) is at play here.

If he knows where he is on the field - which I doubt - he doesnt necessarily need to change how he receives the ball (he caught it after all) - he needs to stop his feet / drag them.  

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol look at that throw I posted. Surprised those "shoulder pins" didn't just exit his body with that torque on his throwing arm.

Why are you acting like you blew a tranny? (Tranny is a short hand for transmission),

He is not throwing the same and once and a while he will throw good.