Black Monday - How many?

Golfman

Tom Pelissero -  The Lions have fired special teams coordinator John Bonamego and assistants Al Golden, Rodney Hill, Harold Nash, Brian Stewart and Chris White.

////////////

Lots of coaching staffs (and not necessarily the HC) are getting chucked out the window.

12 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

In that case...can we get him back? TBH I always thought he was a good GM but that was mostly based off his drafts and roster building. But if that's what he's good at, and people won't hire him as GM, I for one think it'd be nice to have him back. 

Dorsey is a good talent evaluator, but I am not sure he is a great GM.  I am also not sure where he would fit in GB's organizational structure.  Hendrickson was brought in a year ago to fill the exact role that would make sense for Dorsey.  Gute, Hendrickson and Dorsey may be one too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak. 

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

Run away McCarthy! Run away now!

The analytics piece is important to the Browns, because Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta plans to incorporate more of the Moneyball concept in the Browns’ game plans and play calling, and the new coach will have to be on board if DePodesta remains with the team.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/01/mike-mccarthy-is-the-browns-1st-interview-on-thursday-a-pairing-with-eliot-wolf-being-considered.html

source.gif

5 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Honestly, I’d be very curious to see how that works out.

I suppose it depends on exactly how involved the CLE Chief Strategy Officer (whatever the heck that is) will be in the weekly game planning/play calling workflow.  I totally get the idea of being aware of opponent tendencies and weaknesses, but going from their to pushing game plans and play calls onto the HC is pretty a big leap. 

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I suppose it depends on exactly how involved the CLE Chief Strategy Officer (whatever the heck that is) will be in the weekly game planning/play calling workflow.  I totally get the idea of being aware of opponent tendencies and weaknesses, but going from their to pushing game plans and play calls onto the HC is pretty a big leap. 

From a down and distance and playcalling perspective, I can see how an analytics team might like McCarthy.

Analytics say throw more than most teams do. McCarthy throws a lot.

Analytics say run on the light box, throw on standard. That's McCarthy.

Analytics say don't run on 2nd and long. McCarthy doesn't. 

Analytics say 11 personnel is the most efficient. He runs a ton of 11. 

The issues with McCarthy's offense aren't really stuff you see on standard analytics.

I’m really shocked by the lack of firings this year.  I’m also really intrigued to see if McCarthy gets another shot.  I’ve been on record for a long time saying McCarthy would do very well on another team.  Would like to see if I’m right.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m really shocked by the lack of firings this year.  I’m also really intrigued to see if McCarthy gets another shot.  I’ve been on record for a long time saying McCarthy would do very well on another team.  Would like to see if I’m right.

Maybe MM wants to be HC AND GM? Maybe that's why the Browns fired Dorsey? I dunno, I feel like starting a rumor. Maybe it's because I have developed shingles. 

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

seems like MM to giants is gaining some steam

That would be interesting.  They’ve got a nice bit of skill position talent there.  Underrated even.  Has the TE McCarthy wants, too.  Young QB.  Some nice pieces on the DL.  I could see him doing well there.

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That would be interesting.  They’ve got a nice bit of skill position talent there.  Underrated even.  Has the TE McCarthy wants, too.  Young QB.  Some nice pieces on the DL.  I could see him doing well there.

giants fans: we tried the small (McAdoo), now let's come back for the medium!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

You've already predetermined you are right. You will just twist the outcome to suit your narrative.