Black Monday - How many?

Golfman

7 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

IF the position coach is the problem (and i have no idea if he is), then we get to see how tough MLF is when it comes to dismissing coaches. Some coaches are tough like that others are not.

If you think about it, there is a limited pool of coaches available at the time you become HC, not to mention the competition for the best available coaches when other franchises turn over their coaching staff in the same year. In subsequent years it would be strange if there wasn't a single position coach out there that was better than what you have now. Be tough, and coaches under you know they have to give their best, no 'sinecures for the boys' in this game. There is truth in the old mantra "You're only here until we find someone better".................

He isn't a MLF guy but just someone he settled with, just a small college WR coach who had some experience as a backup in the NFL. A lot of the guys MLF wanted were not allowed to interview.

Edited by Fox_NFLs_GG

Just now, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

He isn't a MLF guy, just a small college WR coach who had some experience as a backup in the NFL. A lot of the guys MLF wanted were not allowed to interview.

Yeah, but some coaches just don't like removing guys, whether they are old coaching buddies or not. I'm hoping La Fleur is a tough minded dude on this, but it will take a while to determine whether it is true.

6 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

Actually if you understand then you wouldn't make dumb posts asking for citation about watching the game and interactions then the game is not written in pages. I suppose you will ask for A.P.A. format too. 9_9 But then again I'm assuming you are not blind, and if you are I'm sorry, but I don't know how to quote closed captions if you are.

I prefer Chicago style footnotes please

8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Yeah, but some coaches just don't like removing guys, whether they are old coaching buddies or not. I'm hoping La Fleur is a tough minded dude on this, but it will take a while to determine whether it is true.

If he gets the chance, he will dump the OC for his Brother.

19 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

MM will need to show he'd prepared to bring some new concepts to the table.  He was still running his 2010 offense in 2018.

I heard somewhere he had literally hired a small staff to scout, break down film, etc to get up to speed with what's new in the league over the past handful of years. 

17 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Think you are overstating it.  Jerry does meddle but no where compared to Snyder.  Sounds like Dallas is eyeing up Lincoln Riley.  Whoever the coach is they will have to work with Jones no two ways about it.  Regardless still highly desirable gig.

Let's put it this way - would you rather have a micromanaging meddler who gets you good talent and runs a first-rate organisation, or a micromanaging, meddling backstabber who can't do the slightest thing without completely screwing it up? 

I'd rather have the first guy. 

• Like 1