Black Monday - How many?

Golfman

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

John Dorsey out as GM in Cleveland too! It's going to be tough for them to find decent people with the short leash the owner has. 

You're assuming Dorsey is a 'decent' person?  Remember, he was basically shown the door out of KC also.  IIRC he knows his football, but hasn't the skills to coordinate an office that works together.  We dodged a bullet there.

33 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

You're assuming Dorsey is a 'decent' person?  Remember, he was basically shown the door out of KC also.  IIRC he knows his football, but hasn't the skills to coordinate an office that works together.  We dodged a bullet there.

I suppose that I am making that assumption, but it's also kind of besides the point. The owner is turning and burning through HC and GM's. I think it's buyer be aware with this guy. 

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

John Dorsey out as GM in Cleveland too! It's going to be tough for them to find decent people with the short leash the owner has. 

You could see that even when he was in Green Bay if you were sensitive to tiny clues. He was very offhand with the press, a little too full of himself. Could make a good no.2/3, but never had the personnel skills for a no.1 (ie a GM). That was my thinking from way back............for a while I thought I had misjudged him, but the truth came out in the end, his second firing as a GM pretty much cements that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Golfman said:

Shades of the truth! I wonder why the NFL didn't have Favre there to present the ball, on the record breaking INT, to the defense? 

Well, Jameis didn't really break any records; what he did was become, using Keith Olbermann's word, a "curiosity." 

As an aside, if Lynn Dickey had thrown one more int back in '83, he'd be in the relevant as the first 30/30 man. 

Tom Brady Peyton Manning Brett Favre Dan Marino Joe Montana and every Other great QB put into a DNA blender and coached from birth by Belichick and every other great offensive mind isn’t worth 10 first round picks.  Whichever team you made that trade with in Madden surely lost.

4 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

In that case...can we get him back? TBH I always thought he was a good GM but that was mostly based off his drafts and roster building. But if that's what he's good at, and people won't hire him as GM, I for one think it'd be nice to have him back. 

Once he's out of the NFL, Dorsey needs to write an "insiders" book about his time in the CLE organization.  It had to have been nuts.  I have to believe the Hue Jackson, Freddie Kitchens, Josh Gordon, OBJ, and Mayfield stories would be gold.  On top of that, the Haslams seem to be among the most meddling owners in the league.  He did hitch his future in CLE to Kitchens though, and when a decision blows up as badly as that one did, there's going to be a price.