Redskins hire Ron Rivera as HC, Jack Del Rio as DC & Scott Turner as OC

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I would. No TE, no good WRs, RB is questionable. Defense is terrible.

Disagree with RB. They have Adrian Peterson who has been solid. Derrius Guice is talented but can’t stay healthy. While the player I expect to be their best RB moving forward was recovering from a torn ACL, Bryce Love is going to be a stud. They’ll have a ground game to make things easier on Dwayne Haskins.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Wouldn't Rivera be considered a minority himself, though? 

Possibly? I thought a team always had to interview 2 coaches though? Like...2 different flavors, regardless of which flavor came first, if you will.

I'm not trying to turn this into anything. I'm honestly curious about how that process works.

Edited by SteelKing728

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Possibly? I thought a team always had to interview 2 coaches though? Like...2 different flavors, regardless of which flavor came first, if you will.

I'm not trying to turn this into anything. I'm honestly curious about how that process works.

Ron Rivera is a minority...and no, they don't have to interview 2 coaches if the one they interview is a minority.  It's only that they can't interview only a Caucasian guy.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I guess I'm not positive how it's supposed to work, either. I was thinking that as long as a team interviewed at least one minority candidate, they were good to go. So, hiring Rivera would be hunky-dory. 

Edited by Heinz D.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:
7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

But, it's still going to be difficult because of your owner.  

Very true. But this is about the most we could hope for. 

It's a step in the right direction. Pending the GM hire, there's reason to be optimistic about what Snyder has done. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Very true. But this is about the most we could hope for. 

I agree.  Just hopefully, Snyder can stop himself from injecting himself into the football side of the operation.  Just be a fan and let the football guys do what they do best.  It's what our owners (I'm a Vikings fan) do best, unlike some previous owners we've had, most notably Red McCombs.    

• Like 1