Redskins hire Ron Rivera as HC, Jack Del Rio as DC & Scott Turner as OC

RaidersAreOne

51 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Rivera and Del Rio are both old school football guys throw in Chase Young and Redskins should have a pretty badass defense with some of the young talent they already have. OC will be a huge hire. I fully expect them to bring in a veteran QB to compete with Haskins.

They aren’t bringing in anyone to compete with Haskins and our OC is Kevin O’Connell. Any QB that comes here does so knowing full well that Haskins is the unquestioned started. He earned that with his play towards the end of the season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raidersedge said:

Rivera and Del Rio are both old school football guys throw in Chase Young and Redskins should have a pretty badass defense with some of the young talent they already have. OC will be a huge hire. I fully expect them to bring in a veteran QB to compete with Haskins.

If Alex Smith can recover enough, he'll be there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Watch him fire Kevin O'Connell and bring in Mike Shula.  His cronyism makes Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden blush with their Tampa Bay connections. 

On 12/30/2019 at 3:40 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

As for me, I am not excited about Ron Rivera, and feel we are not doing this the right way coming for a top-down purging of the system.  When there is rot in the Redskins organization, everything needs to be evaluated- front office folks, business folks, coaches, players, trainers, etc.  That we went with a head coach first means that Snyder doesn't quite recognize the issues at play.  

As for Rivera himself, I see him as very mediocre, but hey, maybe that's all the Redskins can get- even though the rumor is that Snyder is going to pay him very well.  I'm not impressed that he's had three winning seasons in nine years.  I'm not impressed that he followed up the 15-1 season with a 6-10 season, and in the four years after 15-1, he has a losing record despite an extremely talented roster.  I'm not impressed that he hired Norval Turner as his offensive coordinator two years ago, and apparently his cronyism in assistant coaching hires runs deeper than Bruce Allen and Jay Gruden's Tampa Bay connection.  

Yea, I pretty much agree with this.

I’m not understanding the “Ron Rivera is a good coach” thing when it’s starting(if it hasn’t already) to become obvious that McDermott made those Carolina teams go.

• Like 1