Ron Rivera is Our New Coach

Ghostnote

28 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I guess this is all down to how people view this.  The reports are that Rivera may name someone as a GM-type after the draft, but it seems that he plans to "collaborate" and with the collaboration, the owner holds the tiebreaker if the room isn't on the same page (directly from Rivera's mouth.) 

That concerns me more than anything else.  

This is what I was referring too. That part of the interview with Chad Dukes made me smack my forehead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The question is whether or not you believe he's a good coach as well.  Plus the potential for meddling.  

If he follows the route he took with the Panthers, it's a division title win in Year 3.  

I believe he will be as good as the OC he hires. Hes a defensive guy as well as DelRio. And well have an amazing defensive front. Not to worried on that side of the ball even with the switch cause by year 2 they should have it down pact. Its that OC and putting points on the board, 2 years of Norv helped get Ron fired. So for me its the key to it all working.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

We are fairly talent rich. Next year we could be adding Trent, Foster, Guice and Love to the roster along with Chase Young.

Hes starting with a lot of good young pieces. I dont think it should take but a couple to turn it around if hes any kind of a coach. 5-7 wins season 1. 7-8 season 2. And wed be on our way on the plus side.

Talent they may have. The challenge for Rivera and the new staff is turning that talent into a functioning team. Gruden didn't seem able to make it all work together for four quarters.

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I believe he will be as good as the OC he hires. Hes a defensive guy as well as DelRio. And well have an amazing defensive front. Not to worried on that side of the ball even with the switch cause by year 2 they should have it down pact. Its that OC and putting points on the board, 2 years of Norv helped get Ron fired. So for me its the key to it all working.

As long as Norval and Mike Shula stay far away, I'm fine.  Hiring Shula again is enough for me to quit on Rivera now.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The question is whether or not you believe he's a good coach as well.  Plus the potential for meddling.  

If he follows the route he took with the Panthers, it's a division title win in Year 3.  

Woah woah woah ... you do NOT use that kind of language around here! :D

• Like 1

Just now, Woz said:

Woah woah woah ... you do NOT use that kind of language around here! :D

I think it's more likely he is fired after Year 3, but that's just me.  The good thing here is after one off-season, we should have a good idea of where this is headed and if Snyder is going to be pulling the strings or not.  

Just now, Woz said:

Talent they may have. The challenge for Rivera and the new staff is turning that talent into a functioning team. Gruden didn't seem able to make it all work together for four quarters.

Gruden was to overly laid back. Its all Ive heard from people attending the dual team practices. Like when with the Pats. The Pats were all out hustling, getting ready for work. While Skins players were in groups talkin and chatting it up. I think all that mess ends and this August theyll be working as hard or harder than whos visiting.

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

As long as Norval and Mike Shula stay far away, I'm fine.  Hiring Shula again is enough for me to quit on Rivera now.  

Thats why I want KOC back so bad. Cause if its not him. Its gonna be pretty scary waiting on who he decides on.

I guess the other thing that bugged me to was that he was non-committal about Haskins. This is why Gruden should’ve been fired last year. We don’t need veteran QBs coming in to compete with Haskins. We need a backup who can help him develop. If they bring in Rivers or Eli or something else stupid like that and Haskins gets beat out in training camp it’s going to be a disaster.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think it's more likely he is fired after Year 3, but that's just me.  The good thing here is after one off-season, we should have a good idea of where this is headed and if Snyder is going to be pulling the strings or not.  

I'd take the over on that one barring a complete collapse. Sub three year coaches under Snyder: Schottenheimer (Cerrato poisoned Snyder towards him), Spurrier (system didn't work in the pros), and Zorn (should never been hired). Rivera for all our concerns is better than Spurrier and Zorn, and unless Allen is hanging around, he should avoid the Schotty route.

After that? That's the dice roll.