Bears fire a bunch of coaches (Mostly offense)

GOGRIESE

20 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Eh not really. Alot of these guys were involved in the run game design last year which was horrible. 

The run game wasn't good but the passing game was the worst in football as the Bears were dead last in net yards per pass. They were only 29th or so in yards per rush. So why didn't they fire the guys that design pass plays? That would mean firing Nagy though.

1 hour ago, TB 1 said:

The run game wasn't good but the passing game was the worst in football as the Bears were dead last in net yards per pass. They were only 29th or so in yards per rush. So why didn't they fire the guys that design pass plays? That would mean firing Nagy though.

Well no kidding that was never going to happen and that's up to him to fix. Even Olin Kruetz wasn't defending Harry Hiestand. 

A bit annoyed Helfrich was booted when Nagy was the OC in all but name. I think play design was OK...not Helfrich's fault no one on the OL was blocking that's Heistand's job. The only major knock I had I Helfrich was that it was rumored he didn't even want to call plays himself, and never has historically. I think the REAL offensive coordinator (Nagy) might need to be "fired" from his play calling duties and the next OC should take that responsibility. 

Heistand absolutely had to go, however, with how impressively the offensive line regressed.

The TE room was terrible enough talent wise that I kind of feel bad for that coach.. 

In all three cases I get it, however... My only major complaint is that the qb coach is still employed. That group also dramatically under performed week to week, and couldn't reliably execute the system. I'd have fired him almost as fast as Heistand. 

Edited by Epyon

As much as I would probably be more excited about a young up and coming OC...Pat Shurmur would make a ton of sense as an experienced hand who is QB centric and just came off of a job working with a young QB who knows the concepts of this scheme inside and out...also he will be a Chuck Pagano type who isn't going to get looks as a HC anymore so for long term consistency would really work here.  

• Like 1

I know I sound really pessimistic about the 2020 season, but I'm all for swinging for the fences with our coaches this season. I'm not convinced Nagy and Pace are here in 2021 and I want to trade the farm to go up and get a top QB in 2021. So I want to hire promising but inexperienced young coaches and hope we strike gold for the future. If not then we scrap them and the new coach and GM pick their staff.